Worthless class...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Worthless class...

Post by Sounder »

Ok, I need some entertainment. I'm in a class, and it's worthless. Truly, I don't have to study, read, or study - there aren't any tests. "Lecture" consisting of the teacher sitting and telling us I.T. war stories, "presentations" where we give a 20 minute talk (my group already did this), and guest speakers who could put Baby Sounder to sleep.

We deemed this class "happy hour." Yes, that's right - several of us have cocktails flowing in innocent-looking water bottles. I'm sipping on Crown Royal and ice.

I need stimulation and entertainment. I can't type super quickly because it makes noise but I know not everyone is in class so let's hear some stuff! Tell me about your dives this weekend. Tell me about your rescue class!! Ask a question?

Please, the most interesting part of this ridiculous class is NWDC. Help!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Re: Worthless class...

Post by ldevore »

Oh come on, it can't be as bad as sitting in the Houston airport on your way to Tulsa for the week, where I am right now!!!!

...but on to better subjects. Rescue class was a blast this weekend. I really enjoyed getting know know so many NWDC members. Not only are they a lot of fun, but great divers too. How was the post class dive on Sun.?? Were you able to see anything? From the reports I've seen, there wasn't much out there in the ooz.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... for a minute there Doug I thought this thread was gonna be about the Rescue class ... :penelope:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Grateful Diver wrote:... for a minute there Doug I thought this thread was gonna be about the Rescue class ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I came so close to spewing bloody mary all over my laptop... :rofl:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

No, this class is painful. Right now I'm listening to a student presentation on the "potential business benefits of search engine optimization" and I'm enjoying the 2nd half of my water bottle of Crown & ice... only 25 more painful minutes.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Sounder wrote:No, this class is painful. Right now I'm listening to a student presentation on the "potential business benefits of search engine optimization" and I'm enjoying the 2nd half of my water bottle of Crown & ice... only 25 more painful minutes.
Why don't you send a court reporter in your place next time?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, I'll offer something diverting . . . I'm going to try to go diving tomorrow!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

LCF wrote:Well, I'll offer something diverting . . . I'm going to try to go diving tomorrow!
Has it even been a month, Mrs. 8 Weeks minimum?!

Promise me at the FIRST sign of something odd, you bail.

...with fingers crossed.
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

(by the way, good luck tomorrow Lynne)

I thought this thread was going to be an analogy regarding nitrogen narcosis...I'm drinking but the class is easy so it's OK then then someone threw a math problem at me and I flunked out of school.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

gcbryan wrote:(by the way, good luck tomorrow Lynne)

I thought this thread was going to be an analogy regarding nitrogen narcosis...I'm drinking but the class is easy so it's OK then then someone threw a math problem at me and I flunked out of school.
I keep my EMD (Equiv. Martini Depth) to a reasonable level so I can handle anything they throw at me. Trouble is, nothing is thrown at us in this class.

Tonight's class is a different story... there will be no cocktails in tonight's business law class.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sounds like some of the Insurance law and regulation classes I have taken. :sleep: Dry as toast, and dead as a 2 week old road kill. Those are classes where your rearrange your garage or remodel your home in your head.
Charles
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

I don't miss those days one bit! My brother is up at Western and I hear all the time about his boring classes and the teachers he can barely understand (guess nothing has changed). This was usually me in class :sleep:
Sean
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

Sounder wrote:No, this class is painful. Right now I'm listening to a student presentation on the "potential business benefits of search engine optimization" and I'm enjoying the 2nd half of my water bottle of Crown & ice... only 25 more painful minutes.
The guys from alexa made a pretty good case based on data that fixing the way that Amazon returned stuff to Google's search engine and fixing URLs to make the search ranking work correctly meant something between $100-500M/yr to top line revenue to Amazon. I was pretty amazed by the amount of money that we'd been leaving on the table, and how relatively easy it was to fix it...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

lamont wrote:
The guys from alexa made a pretty good case based on data that fixing the way that Amazon returned stuff to Google's search engine and fixing URLs to make the search ranking work correctly meant something between $100-500M/yr to top line revenue to Amazon. I was pretty amazed by the amount of money that we'd been leaving on the table, and how relatively easy it was to fix it...
THAT sounds interesting. My class, on the other hand, involved nothing like that.