Sorry Joe...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Sorry Joe...

Post by Romer Treece »

Sorry buddy, I had to show it.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/6763165[/vimeo]
CaseyB449
Avid Diver

Re: Sorry Joe...

Post by CaseyB449 »

ouch dude.... ouch! Id rather have broken it! holy$&!# ... :rofl: sorry...
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques Yves Cousteau
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Ouch dude! Has the swelling gone down yet?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Note the kind caring concerned response from the rest of the "team". Hope you feel better soon Joe!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well now that is swelling that any guy does NOT want to have bellow the belt. :geek: What was the report on how it happen :hah: :partyman: Hope you get better soon.
Jeff Castor
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

pogiguy05 wrote:Well now that is swelling that any guy does NOT want to have bellow the belt.
#-o
And certainly not that FAR below the belt. Dude ... no dates for YOU!

Yeah, what's the story? As a chronic ankle sprainer, I'm always down for the horror stories!

Do tell!

And may it heal quickly and well!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

The story...

As one of the 2 best sherpas this side of the Okanogan Highlands, I felt it was my duty to help my concerned and thoughtfull team dive the flooded mine again. After a bunch of trips in and out of the mine, carrying tons of heavy gear, cameras, tanks and the like, we found ourselves delightfully free of injuries. Suprising, considering the half-flooded entry to the mine is thigh-deep water in pitch black darkness with tiny little headlamps walking over ground that is uneven and still has mini railroad tracks where the ore carts were used. On the way out, I was the last one leaving on the last planned trip there. At one point I bumped my head on a low rock, and as I crouched my foot slid foreward and under the metal railroad track thingy, while at the same time I lost my balance and fell foreward. I twisted left to try not to smash into the rock wall, and when I hit the ground I was on my hands and knees with my right foot pointed towards my right hip. Oh, and I dropped both the deco bottles I had been carrying.

Lessons learned:
1. Diving Concepts drysuits have $h!t for ankle support, and are not well suited for spallunking.
2. The person who invents a durable, comfortable, BRIGHT headlamp is gonna make millions.
3. 2 al40 deco bottles make passable crutches.
4. Wool socks do not reduce swelling.
5. If this is any indication of the way my "team" cares for me during and after an incident, I better NEVER EVER go OOA or I'm a dead man.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Ouch ouch ouch.....I know a good therapist if you need one ;)
Hope you are icing and elevating regularly and feeling much better soon.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Wow that looks like a normal ankle next to that other toothpick!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

CaptnJack wrote:Wow that looks like a normal ankle next to that other toothpick!
:rofl:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

It was bound to happen. I just didn't expect it would be under the tremendous weight of two AL 40's. I seriously thought it would have been when he was carrying around those doubles, but then, he was still kicking with the rest of us. It just goes to show what happens when you start relying on scooters to get around......
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Fishstiq wrote: 5. If this is any indication of the way my "team" cares for me during and after an incident, I better NEVER EVER go OOA or I'm a dead man.
I thought you'd learned that diving with me. :neener:
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

I'll have to add that he did bring the 2 al 40's all the way out AFTER he did that. He is TRULY a super trooper sherpa!! :naka: