Looking for a Pony Bottle Rig

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Looking for a Pony Bottle Rig

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Long shot I know, but if anyone has decent 1st/2nd stage/Octo or Pony Bottle ias just components or a set that you are trying to sell, let me know.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Good for you. I'm a big believer in the pony. BTW- brand new luxfer cylinders are fairly affordable at UWS(get a 30-40cf)- then you just need mounting and 1st and 2nd stages.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I have been actually looking for a 19 cf trying to match enough air with a compact enough size. Why no 19, just not enough air?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sgt Pepper,

Check this one out -

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/spo/232117348.html

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sergeant Pepper wrote:I have been actually looking for a 19 cf trying to match enough air with a compact enough size. Why no 19, just not enough air?
19 is better than nothing, but more is better, in my book. It all depends on how deep you are and how much gas you use. Check out the other pony bottle thread on this site for a wealth of info. But, short story- I consider a 30cf a bare minimum, and if you sling the bottle, you'll barely notice it underwater- I carry a 40 there, and it's not clumsy or anything- I never would have believed it until I tried it.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I to agree with nailer more is better, but if i am correct, you dive a Knighthawk BCD, right? unfortunatly you can't sling a bottle very easy or comfortably from that BCD. i would recommend a 19 like you were thinking just because it is as large as one should go, if mounting side by side with your tank. otherwise it is to much weight on one side.

Adrin if you have a different BCD then try the sling but unless you have a tech or a backplate it is very hard to sling a bottle.

on craigs list there is a 19 with a reg for 150, offer him 125 and i bet he will sell it.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

True- but Diverdown dives a back-mounted 30- he likes it, but I hated the backmount. It's all about what YOU feel comfortable with, though.

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Nailer correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure diverdown back mounts a 19 and he sold you his 30 because he didn't like it on his back. I could be wrong but i am pretty sure. either way it is personal preference because jim#1 back mounts a 30. although he does have to add more weight to one side of his bcd because it is unbalanced otherwise. I like the sling method because it is more accessable, not to mention it looks bad ass too.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Nailer99 wrote:True- but Diverdown dives a back-mounted 30- he likes it, but I hated the backmount. It's all about what YOU feel comfortable with, though.
Actually I dive a 19cf I sold you my 30... \:D/

A19cf is nice small, but IMO more that adequate for an OOA.. A 30 or 40 can be used more for planning some deco stuff. Though I have heard that the 30 is kinda small for deco planning..
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

That seems like a great deal for a pony set up. I would do what maverick suggests.. Talk him down, But I would also make sure if it is steel or not.. Dont know if it matters but, Do they make steel 19s??
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

they do make steel 19s but no one would sell it that cheap.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Damn- that is a sweet deal- the super pony tamer alone goes for 150$ brand new.

Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Maverick wrote:they do make steel 19s but no one would sell it that cheap.
Blue Steel/Faber makes them in white. They are really nice!!! I saw them here at DEMA.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I tried to get it, but someone snaked it from under me.