The Tank Pimp has some tanks for sale

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

The Tank Pimp has some tanks for sale

Post by dsteding »

Somehow, I've become a clearing house for tanks in the greater Seattle area. Here's something that was recently passed on to me:

A pair of nice PST E7-120s, hydro date is late 2004. These are the taller HP tanks made by PST, they have good buoyancy characteristics (neutral when empty) and are galvanized. They may need a VIP.

The person selling these dropped me an email asking if I knew of anyone that would be interested. E7 120s are 28 inches long (about two inches longer than a AL80, and 4 inches longer than an E8-119) so they work better with a taller person (say 6'2" or more). If you are that tall skinny guy or gal that is looking for a couple tanks, these would be a nice match.

Drop me a PM if you are interested, I don't have price on them, but I bet you could get a sweet deal on these tanks.
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

PM'ed you...
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Update-

I heard back from Charles, the owner of the tanks. He's asking $540 for the pair, if anyone is still interested, send me a PM and I'll pass on his email address.
hantzu701
Getting To Know Folks

bump..

Post by hantzu701 »

bump..

I'm moving, so the tanks have to go.

Two PST E7 120 Steel tanks for sale. $275 each or $500 for both. Bought new in 2005, still in hydro. 200 Dinn/Yoke convertible valves. Tank is O2 cleaned by Starfish and filled with 32%.

These tanks have been dove only two or three times and have been stored in my living room. Although these tanks trim well, I find that they are a bit long for me. I'm told that these tanks are ideal for a tallish diver (>=6ft).
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

i'll speak to the mrs. to see if i can get one of those tanks hantzu. :bounce:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Skanks

Post by Diver_Dave »

I may be interested in them tanks do u ship to Alaska???
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Road Trip!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Sounder wrote:Road Trip!!
It's a short road!! You don't drive to SE Alaska you fly or ferry.

To deliver to Dave the best way would be to drop them at the bargelines on W Marginal Way. About a week later they arrive in Sitka.

DM
Dave Mitchell
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Skanks

Post by hantzu701 »

Diver_Dave wrote:I may be interested in them tanks do u ship to Alaska???
I'm happy to ship the tanks, but it would be at your cost. I would drain the tanks and remove the valves.

Regards,
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Diver_Dave,

Aren't you the guy that once showed us a picture of your tank collection that could quite possibly take up an entire garage???
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Skanks

Post by CaptnJack »

hantzu701 wrote: I'm happy to ship the tanks, but it would be at your cost. I would drain the tanks and remove the valves.
You don't have to remove the valves for "ground" shipping, just drain the tanks. The valves keep the insides clean. Not sure about on the barge, but if they are empty they aren't hazmat.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Yup, but on an airplane you must have the valves off... otherwise you just donated your tanks to your local TSA. I've heard of people losing all sorts of expensive stuff, and you can NOT get it back... no matter who you are.

That's interesting that on a barge the valves can be left in place... I think I'd want them removed and the tanks plugged.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Most of Diver Dave's tanks are AL80's with a couple of LP 95's. He needs some bigger tanks, definitely!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Sounder wrote: That's interesting that on a barge the valves can be left in place... I think I'd want them removed and the tanks plugged.
The barge is like a container ship. There is no need to take the tanks apart just ship them. When I went down to take my tech nitrox and deco Instructor class from Mel, I shipped 3 sets of doubles and 4 stages all full both directions.

DM
Dave Mitchell
I've Got Gills

Yo Dave

Post by Diver_Dave »

Dave, save me all the steel tanks u want to get rid of....80cf and above..What do u have now???
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Your son's 80....

I've still got that set of Faber Double 95's and Faber double 100's and 2 immaculate 80's that I picked up recently that's about it. Well that's what I say, my wife is sick of tripping over the other 6 sets of doubles that I have and the 85 other singles.

Dave
Dave Mitchell
I've Got Gills

Kathleen

Post by Diver_Dave »

Mabe we could come over on the ferry and check them out and go for a few dives on the Kathleen??Also see the newest little one Dylan Scott and I would like to see that shiny new Rebreather :bootyshake: :bootyshake:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska