Selling the boat

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Selling the boat

Post by dsteding »

This is dialed for scuba diving:

2001 Avon 5.6D Adventure rigid hull inflatable, 18.5 foot length, 7'8" foot beam. Built specifically for scuba diving, this is the heavier duty hull of the Avon Adventure line. Has a removable bimini top that provides shade and can be kept up when cruising. Very sea worthy and stable.

Tubes are in great shape, no leaks. Hull is likewise solid. Seats four, two in center seat, two up front.

Motor is a 2009 Yamaha 115 horse four stroke. I repowered her in January last year, 45 hours on the motor now and two years left on the warranty. Motor runs perfect. Boat cruises at 25 to 33 knots burning 6 to 8 gallons per hour, with a 25 gallon tank.

Trailer is a 2001 EZ-Loader with a swing tongue so you can store the boat in a standard 20 foot garage. Has brakes on it, but the brakes are non-functional at the moment. The whole package is light enough that I haven't needed brakes on the trailer.

I've set this up for diving and surfing. Has a custom stainless four tank rack in back and a custom aluminum four tank rack up front. Can carry four single tank divers and eight tanks, or three technical divers and a boat tender. With either load the boat will cruise 25 to 30 knots and get up on plane easily. I've also set it up for surfing and have a removable four board rack that goes in back.

Instruments include a Yamaha digital tachometer and a Lowrance color GPS/chartplotter/sounder with a Navionics Gold chip that has detailed charts for Washington, Oregon and British Columbia.

If you are looking for a light, fast, fuel efficient utility boat, this is it. Water ski, scuba dive, surf, explore the San Juans, you can use almost any ramp in Puget Sound, so you can really go places. The entire package is less than 1800 pounds, so you can tow it with most cars.

Many extras included: a Delta Anchor with 18 feet of chain and 300 feet of rode, spare prop and tools, standard safety gear, dive flag, regulator/tanks for inflation purposes, spare anchor, spare prop, and others.

$22,500.

Feel free to email me with questions or for more pics, boat is on Mercer Island and can be dropped in the water there for a test spin.
Attachments
Picture 009.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 001.jpg
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Selling the boat

Post by spatman »

beautiful boat, doug. good luck with the sale.

if i hit the OR lottery tonight, you're getting a call tomorrow.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Avon. Avon, dont you know that Zodiacs are where its at, lol. Good luck with the sale Doug its a sweet looking boat. What are you looking at getting next ?
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

no excuses wrote:Avon. Avon, dont you know that Zodiacs are where its at, lol. Good luck with the sale Doug its a sweet looking boat. What are you looking at getting next ?
Didn't Zodiac like Avon so much that they bought them?

I'm gonna be boatless for a while, and then buy something when the itch gets too strong. Maybe something that I can take the kiddo out on and teach him how to fish. And surf. And, dive.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Dredging this up. Price has dropped considerably, and there is some interest from a few parties. If I can sell locally to another diver I'd be happy to. So, if you've had any interest in boat ownership now is the time to get a DIALED boat for scuba diving at a ridiculous price. Send me a PM.

Tons more pictures here.

http://gallery.me.com/dsteding/100008
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

what does "dropped considerably" mean? (or did i miss that in the post)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

ljjames wrote:what does "dropped considerably" mean? (or did i miss that in the post)
$16.5k, boat/trailer/motor. I have tons of extra stuff, but those are out of the package at that price.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Boat is coming back from PA this Friday and I'll have it together to show starting on Sunday. New price, $14k, if you're looking for a dialed in scuba vehicle, this is it.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

That's a beautiful boat and a really good price. Wish I could pull the trigger on it but I can't.
I just swiped the 3rd pic down for my desktop background so I can dream..
right now I'm at Starbucks making putt putt sounds and people are looking at me like I'm crazy....

You'd think they've never seen anyone drive an imaginary motor boat before???? :-/
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Waynne Fowler wrote:That's a beautiful boat and a really good price. Wish I could pull the trigger on it but I can't.
I just swiped the 3rd pic down for my desktop background so I can dream..
right now I'm at Starbucks making putt putt sounds and people are looking at me like I'm crazy....

You'd think they've never seen anyone drive an imaginary motor boat before???? :-/
Don't worry Waynne, my 11 month old son does the same thing with his toy trucks and boats. I'd say that is a good sign.

This is a great bargain for someone that wants to start getting out beyond the usual spots. I bet whomever buys it can probably talk Richard into showing you the ropes, and if someone local buys it that doesn't have a ton of boat diving experience, I'd be willing to take them out a few times and show them around, get them comfortable with it.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

And, after another week and a half of waiting for someone that "is definitely going to buy it," deal falls apart. Lesson learned is that (a) first person with cash gets this, I'm not committing again to the out of town type that "really wants it but can't get up there for a week or two" and (b) first person to hand me 140 $100 bills or some combination of paper, valid, United States currency totaling $14,000 gets my signature on the title and a great deal on a solid dive boat.

Just in time for getting out to explore over the spring and summer.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Bumpity bump. All this talk of RIBs and boat diving, someone needs this thing. I just replaced the old aluminum fuel tank with a new poly tank, and replaced fuel lines at the same time. Still $14,000.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

dsteding wrote:Bumpity bump. All this talk of RIBs and boat diving, someone needs this thing.
Yeah, more my friends need boats I can dive off.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

renoun wrote:
dsteding wrote:Bumpity bump. All this talk of RIBs and boat diving, someone needs this thing.
Yeah, more my friends need boats I can dive off.
I have just the thing for your problem . . .
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sold. Seriously.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

dsteding wrote:Sold. Seriously.
That is better than sold Un-seriously
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/