WTB: Turtle or Jet Fins

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

WTB: Turtle or Jet Fins

Post by dsteding »

Anyone have an extra pair lying around? I'm hunting for some for my buddy.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

My husband loves jet fins! You can still buy them new from aqualung. I know this prolly doesn't help but......
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

What size do you need Doug? I know someone with a pair of large jets that don't fit him.

Jake
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nwbrewer wrote:What size do you need Doug? I know someone with a pair of large jets that don't fit him.

Jake
Errr, I think XL in Jets, the guy has size 12 feet but won't be using rock boots.

Are they too small or big? What size shoe does he wear?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hey Doug - I've got the XL Jets which I use when I dive with wet boots and I have size 11-11.5 feet. When I wear my drysuit with rock boots, I have to wear Turtles. Erica wears my XL Jets with her rock boots, and a smaller pair when she's in warm water diving wet. Sorry I don't have an extra set for your bud, but I hope this sizing helps.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sounder wrote:Hey Doug - I've got the XL Jets which I use when I dive with wet boots and I have size 11-11.5 feet. When I wear my drysuit with rock boots, I have to wear Turtles. Erica wears my XL Jets with her rock boots, and a smaller pair when she's in warm water diving wet. Sorry I don't have an extra set for your bud, but I hope this sizing helps.
We went with XL Jets (ebay, $40 . . .) he's not going to be in rock boots (we'll actually be stretching some size 10 neo boots :smt119 ), so I think it will work. If not, I have Turtles and smaller feet, so we could probably swap.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Doug, he's got about the same size feet and the larges are too small. I had larges for a while and they barely fit my size 11 feet with 5mm neo boots. I think the XL's should work for him. $40 is a good price.

Jake
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Thanks Jake,

Those made sense, my understanding is the XXLs are larger than Turtles . . .

We'll see next weekend. This is a friend who got certified in Thailand, he happens to be about my same size, and I happen to own two complete sets of scuba gear at this point (minus fins, hence the purchase) . . . so we are going to go practice buoyant, feet-first, ascents in Cove 2 (err, I mean get him used to drysuit diving).

Should be fun.