wanted 1/2" straight thread scuba vavles

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Uwscotch
Getting To Know Folks

wanted 1/2" straight thread scuba vavles

Post by Uwscotch »

Hey Everyone.

Looking for valves from older vintage tanks. They need to be 1/2" straight thread versus the more common 3/4". I am not interested in 1/2" tapered valves. These valves may be found on older 72s, some aluminums, steels. If you have old junk tanks laying around, spin off the valve and take a look. One of the manufacturers of the valves I'm interested in is Walter Kidde, but there may be others.

Thanks

Stay Wet

Aaron
A promise made is debt unpaid.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Uggg. I have been looking for valves for so long... I have two 72's from the 60's, one has a bent valve, the other has no burst disc... meaning neither can be filled!! So frustrating. Good Luck though.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
Uwscotch
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Uwscotch »

I know. I'm quite surprised no manufacturer has decided to make them. Even if you only sell a few thousand or so, it would probably still be worth it. Everything would be the same as a normal valves except the threads. I've heard of people machining their standard 3/4 valves.
A promise made is debt unpaid.
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

There are several 1/2" valves available on Ebay (both straight and tapered thread), but they aren't cheap. Try the link above and search for "valve".

Good Luck.