FS: Olympus C5050 camera, housing, strobe, wide angle lens

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
April
Dive-aholic

FS: Olympus C5050 camera, housing, strobe, wide angle lens

Post by April »

Hey everyone,

I'm selling my camera set up. Asking $500.

Included is:

Olympus C5050 camera
Olympus brand housing for camera
Sea and Sea YS-90DX strobe
tray and arm for strobe
Inon wide angle lens (only used once or twice)
Pelican 1550 Case

This is an older setup (bought in 2003, wide angle bought in 2006). I haven't used it in a while, but everything worked the last time I used it. I can pick up some batteries later today and test the camera and strobe. The o-rings have been stored off of the camera and strobe in ziplocs so they won't dry out. Still, they might be a little stretched and it probably won't hurt to replace them.

In my opinion (correct me if you disagree), this is a great camera for anyone that's thinking about getting serious about photography. it is NOT a good camera if you want a point and shoot. The strobe reacts to the flash of the camera to go off, therefore, the camera technically doesn't "know" that the flash is going to go off. So everything must be set in manual mode. If you're willing to spend a few dives fiddling with settings this will become second nature. Every dive you'll probably make minor adjustments, but I found that to be pretty easy when I was diving with it a lot. I stopped using it and got out of practice, and it's not a priority for me to get back into practice so I now have a point and shoot.

Below are some pictures to show macro and not-macro ability... none of these were taken with the wide angle lens.
Attachments
P1010135.jpg
P1010135.jpg (19.23 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Note: I messed with the color on this one in photoshop
Note: I messed with the color on this one in photoshop
P1010155.jpg
P1010155.jpg (19.78 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
P7090095.JPG
Batteries not included.... (unless you want dead batteries).  Dog in the background also not included.
Batteries not included.... (unless you want dead batteries). Dog in the background also not included.
April
April
Dive-aholic

Re: FS: Olympus C5050 camera, housing, strobe, wide angle le

Post by April »

Nobody? Well I put in batteries and both strobe and camera are working...

PM if interested
April
Blaiz
Pelagic

Re: FS: Olympus C5050 camera, housing, strobe, wide angle le

Post by Blaiz »

I assure you that I am salivating over the thought of it, but I just can't justify the expense.... wanna swap for my canon a640 with mostly the same toys??
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix