Just throwing this out there

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Just throwing this out there

Post by Norris »

So my daughter is finishing up her checkout dives this coming weekend and I am THRILLED!!! I think I may have sent something out earlier about this but wanted to again. Does anyone have any smaller gear sitting around for sale. I can certainly buy much of this new but thought I would at least cast a line. She will be diving primarily wet and rental to start until we establish if it is something that requires the big investment we are all familiar with.

I bought her a great Hog Mask
I have:
Regulator and tanks
I will be renting:
BC, Wetsuit, and weights

I need Fins, Hood, Gloves, Boots
She is small at about 5' tall and 120pds.

Any help would certainly be appreciated
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
doug7377
Avid Diver

Re: Just throwing this out there

Post by doug7377 »

send me an email let talk i may have some fin and boot that may work for her. the fin are size small and i have boot that are size 7
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I have fins that would probably work well for her.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

renoun wrote:I have fins that would probably work well for her.
Not that those are not suhweet fins..but I may have to pass for now.
I appreciate the response sir.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Shoot me a call or pm. I think I may have some of that stuff
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

I have a back inflate BC that she can use. If she likes it and wants to keep it, you can throw a few bucks at me. If not, it will give her something to use until she figures out what she wants.

Lauri
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Hi Rick-
My girlfriend Cindy is the same size as your Daughter.....

She has an OS Systems bi-lam dry suit with new neck seals and valve - $225

She won a back inflate Tusa BC at a sales event at Smokey Point a few years ago. She's never worn it and still has the tags on it. - $150

PM me if your interested
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Thank you sooo much for the replies everyone and PM's have been sent.

@ NW now you KNOW I cant send her out in PINK fins!!!! I want her dives to be safe.

:eric:
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote:
@ NW now you KNOW I cant send her out in PINK fins!!!! I want her dives to be safe.

:eric:
It's not like they were splits! :blackblink:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I have a neoprene drysuit that would probably fit her perfectly. I'd let you have it for $100, no leaks, nice starter suit. I bought it a while back, but it's just slightly small on me and I'm 5'3" and 140lbs, so I'm guessing it would fit her well. The attached boots are about a ladies 9. Let me know if you want to look at it, I could bring it out with me next month.
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

eliseaboo wrote:I have a neoprene drysuit that would probably fit her perfectly. I'd let you have it for $100, no leaks, nice starter suit. I bought it a while back, but it's just slightly small on me and I'm 5'3" and 140lbs, so I'm guessing it would fit her well. The attached boots are about a ladies 9. Let me know if you want to look at it, I could bring it out with me next month.
Attached boots are a good thing that way you don't forget them. :smt064
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

eliseaboo wrote:I have a neoprene drysuit that would probably fit her perfectly. I'd let you have it for $100, no leaks, nice starter suit. I bought it a while back, but it's just slightly small on me and I'm 5'3" and 140lbs, so I'm guessing it would fit her well. The attached boots are about a ladies 9. Let me know if you want to look at it, I could bring it out with me next month.
Wow that is awesome!!! I am getting her all of her minor stuff but she will be responsible for the drysuit. Let me take her on a couple wet dives and I bet that may help her make the investment!

She is a full grown adult (19yrs) so I am helping as much as I can.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

My brother has an Aqualung Pearl BC that has never been wet. When I had the shop, I ordered it for his daughter (my niece) and she pitched a fit because she wanted the i3 version so he ordered her another one. I was in his garage the other day and he mentioned that he needed to sell it. Pretty sure I can get it to you for $275 shipped. Retail is $525.

Dave
Dave Mitchell
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

selkie wrote:
Attached boots are a good thing that way you don't forget them. :smt064
Man, even *I* had forgotten about that...
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I would really like to express my gratitude to everyone for the responses, PM's and emails. This group never ceases to amaze me in terms of help and response. It looks like we are pulling together the gear and with the money I am going to save on the boots gloves, fins and hoods, I should be able to help her go dry with Eliseaboo's drysuit!!!!
I am so excited to dive with my kid and am thrilled that she was trained (being trained) by our own GratefulDiver. After Tuesday she should get her card, which we all know is simply a diving beginners permit.

THANKS NWDC!!!!

:supz: :supz: :supz:
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ADimitris
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

tri lam dry suit

Post by ADimitris »

You should DEFINITELY have her dive in pink if you want her to be safe b/c it is highly visible,

I can sell you my tri lam OS Systems Dry Suit--I have never worn it, it was a demo model. It was $700 plus the neck seal. It has never been touched since the seal was redone--it is still in the sealed box. I am 5'4" and it would be better for someone slightly shorter than I am which you say she is.It is black on the bottom and lime green on top--the most visible underwater color. I am ALWAYS cold and I am diving in South Florida. I can't imagine you having your daughter dive in 52 F in a wetsuit if you want her to actually ENJOY diving! Let me know if you are interested b/c I could possibly bring it out there when I go there to dive or I could mail it.

Ariane
escherandme2001@yahoo.com