Halcyon BPW

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
dwinslow1
Avid Diver

Halcyon BPW

Post by dwinslow1 »

Halcyon infinity backplate and eclipse 40 lb wing, ss backplate ,cinch system, never used, on craigslist for $600.00
Don W.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Halcyon BPW

Post by kdupreez »

Thats a great deal, I emailed the guy and he is willing to negotiate quite a bit.. Also sent me some pics..

this stuff is brand brand new, never been wet and still has the tag and keychain on it that H gives you..

seems a little suspect though, why someone would want to sell something brand new for this cheap.. This is a $930 system and he will sell for around $500.. something is fishy..
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Tempted.

Either that or a DSS rig.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

seems kinda high on the price.. a plate and wing set up can be bought new for about 350, dive rite and Hog
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

H20doctor wrote:seems kinda high on the price.. a plate and wing set up can be bought new for about 350, dive rite and Hog
The Halcyon is a spendy unit.
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Tom Nic wrote:
H20doctor wrote:seems kinda high on the price.. a plate and wing set up can be bought new for about 350, dive rite and Hog
The Halcyon is a spendy unit.
It's all about the little blue "H'.............
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

i guess so : )
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

But it is a pretty blue H. :luv:

They should custom-builtze them with your initials for that price.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Tom Nic wrote:But it is a pretty blue H. :luv:

They should custom-builtze them with your initials for that price.
They are custom built.

If your name is Harold, Henry, Hussein, Hannibal or Henrietta.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Come on, it comes with a H key chain!
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I guess you can also go to a porsche dealership and tell them.. ahem.. thats a little spendy for a 3.8l, cause i can buy a mustang 5.0l for pennies on that dollar.. :penelope:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

kdupreez wrote:I guess you can also go to a porsche dealership and tell them.. ahem.. thats a little spendy for a 3.8l, cause i can buy a mustang 5.0l for pennies on that dollar.. :penelope:
So the halcyon gear makes you swim faster than a DSS or HOG setup? :smt064
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spatman wrote:
kdupreez wrote:I guess you can also go to a porsche dealership and tell them.. ahem.. thats a little spendy for a 3.8l, cause i can buy a mustang 5.0l for pennies on that dollar.. :penelope:
So the halcyon gear makes you swim faster than a DSS or HOG setup? :smt064
Same speed limit UW
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

CaptnJack wrote: Same speed limit UW
same speed limit on i5 too..
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

kdupreez wrote:
The Halcyon just gets you up to speed quicker and handles better through the turns.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spatman wrote:
kdupreez wrote:
The Halcyon just gets you up to speed quicker and handles better through the turns.
twss
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

It's a steel plate, webbing, a wing. Just like any other (And don't feed me the quality bullshit. It's a great quality, but other makers provide the same quality, and better warranty).

That said, I've got the big blue H for my rig. 0] They are good to their customers.

D
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

agreed same piece of equipment and all give pretty darn good customer care, but im not sure i agree on "all the same quality".. I've been to the factory in florida where they make H recently and I've seen how they make these things BY HAND every wing stitched and every NYLON inner bladder (probably the only manufacturer that uses nylon for doubles) radio welded (yes they are are like on of the only manufactures who own a radio welder!) and tested for holding exact pressure for 24 hours.. every can light hand is machined from delrin righ there.. all lights pressure tested on site..

they only thing thats outsourced to another US made location are the webbing, the back plates that get stamped and tumbled and scooters are imported from Itally and Regulators are re-branded scubapro regs (that ship with din kits and 40" hoses), all the rest is all hand made in the factory with really amazing customer service.

one of my dive buddies bought a old second hand 60lb wing thats a few years old.. the seams started to fray on the outer wing.. he sent it in for repairs.. they replaced it for free..
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Just because they have great QA doesn't mean they are top notch producers. How it's made is what makes them good quality. Some companies may have QA they don't boast about. I have an OMS wing sitting here that I used to use for my singles that is WAY older than my H, and it has absolutely no frays on it, and it was my pool wing when I was DM'ing.

HOG had a solid replacement policy on their wings. It doesn't work? Send it back. I believe Chris' latest set of wings are all welded too.

Now, you do tend to get what you pay for, that I can agree with., but you can't tell me a good chunk of H's mark-up is not because of their name.

D
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

It's clearly not due to the resale value...

;)
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Fair enough, D, you do pay some premium for brand names. i'll concede to that.
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

Awww man, after months of shopping I settled on a halcyon plate and harness and I find this thread full of haters....
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

they aint hatin Clay... most of them own one. .B-)
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Last edited by kdupreez on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.