WTB backplate and single tank wing

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
punkrex
Getting To Know Folks

WTB backplate and single tank wing

Post by punkrex »

Testing the waters here. I'm considering getting back into rec diving and kicking myself for selling some of my previous setup. Anyways I'm in the market for a ss backplate and single tank wing, 32lbs or so of lift.
Let me know what ya'all have.
Rex
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: WTB backplate and single tank wing

Post by Jeff Pack »

I've got a Zeagle SS BP and Ranger 44pd wing. All single tank with trim weight pockets.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I have Halcyon Infinity system with a SS Plate and Halcyon 40lb Eclipse wing for local single tank diving and Halcyon 30lb wing for warm water.

I'd recommend maybe looking at around 38-40lb wing depending on what size steel tanks you will be diving and how much integrated weight you will be putting on the BCD.. a 32 "might" not float your gear.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

For what it's worth, I love my 40lb Hollis wing. I think you will find a 40lb wing will work great for steel tank + drysuit diving up here.
punkrex
Getting To Know Folks

Post by punkrex »

For what it's worth, 14 millimeters of neoprene, abyssal plate, halcyon eclipse 30, STA, 7lbs lead was perfect with an al80. Diving the occasional steel and I could shed a few lbs in lead... Looking to get something similar to that setup.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I have a Deep Sea Supply stainless backplate with added weight plates - 14 lbs total. I carry another 10 - 14 lbs on a belt depending on undergarments & accessories. I use a DSS 35 lb torus wing for single tank back mount.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Just a quick note on this, Bubbles Below, in Woodinville, has the DSS steel BP/W (Taurus, 35 pound) in stock and ready for pickup. Who knows, you might even be able to talk Bud into some sort of discount! Add the 14 pound plate weights and you have a great PNW rig that will last a lifetime and will match your diving needs wherever, and pretty much whatever, they might be.
WaGigKpn
Aquaphile

Post by WaGigKpn »

Check out dive rite. I love my wing and harness! super tough and minimalist. Very easy to customize. Check them out. Divegearexpress.com. There are some on cl right now.

Josh at Tacoma scuba convinced me to buy it. So you can go there and talk to him about it as well.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Tacoma scuba is also a halcyon dealer if you are looking at getting something like you had before. that was a really solid system. I would kick myself for selling it too :p

also, you can investigate DSS, HOG and Hollis.

L
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Rex, stop down at Muk some Monday after work. I have an OMS plate and an oxycheq wing. A few of the other guys have Hog BP/W setups to check out to. For the money I think they're hard to beat.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

I have a diverite set up listed here, make me a reasonable and fair offer, you are welcome to even try it out in the pool and see if it matches your needs first. For what it's worth, I plan to pick up the Deep Sea Supply HOG harness with Torus wing too. Thought I'd like the Diverite but I don't care for the Air2 system.
punkrex
Getting To Know Folks

Post by punkrex »

Jake, you're diving mondays regularly? I've been eyeing the HOG system but havn't pulled the trigger yet...