WTB tank valves

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

WTB tank valves

Post by Nwcid »

I need 4 valves to get some other tanks I have into service. I would prefer Thermo convertible DIN valves. I know I can get them anytime online for $50 each but figured there might be a few laying around not being used.

If I can not find any of these for the right price Yoke valves would work also. I am just using them on tanks that are used to transfill into my LP doubles.
John

Check out my site, http://scubadivesites.webs.com/
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: WTB tank valves

Post by CaptnJack »

Where are you getting Thermos for $50 new? That's a steal of a price, normal is closer to $75 or 80 for Thermos. I'd be all over $50 new 200 bar Thermos.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Nwcid »

John

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Sorry, for some reason I had it in my head you wanted left and right handed valves. (minus the isolator). The stand alone valves are a bit cheaper at $50.

I can definitely vouch for having uniform valves on everything and no OMS valves at all. Finding parts for OMS anything is a pita (NESS has OMS parts and nobody else as far as I can tell). Its a major hassle having 2 or 3 different HP seats which look similar but have different threadings etc.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Nwcid »

Makes sense. I have 4 AL-80 tanks that need valves. Was looking for Thermos since that is what I have on the rest of my singles.

I was looking for the DIN that way if I ever decide to use them for stage/deco tanks they are ready to go.

But for now even if there are some decent Yoke vales around that would work. I am mainly diving a set of LP-72 doubles. Since I get air, soon nitrox, fills off the team compressor I use these tanks to transfill.
John

Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Piranha has l/r pro valves for 40$

they have some r/h "polished" pro valves for 34$
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it