DUI Drysuit...women's size 18

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

DUI Drysuit...women's size 18

Post by Pinkpadigal »

DUI drysuit, less than 50 dives. This was a special addition hybrid suit with flex 50/50 bottom, with the CLX 450 top. Has 2 cargo pockets on the legs and is front entry. Has ZipSeals dry gloves and new Zipseal neck seal. Size 8 rock boots. In excellent condition. It never leaked. It was a custom for me, but it never fit me well. I don't sell DUI, so I can't imagine diving in it again.

It does have Hot Pink panel and blue piping. It looks like a girl suit. It is custom, but approximatly a women's size 18-20.

Brand new, this suit would retail for $2600-2800. I would like $1600 for it but I will entertain reasonable offers.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: DUI Drysuit...women's size 18

Post by Sounder »

Pinkpadigal wrote:It does have Hot Pink panel and blue piping.
#-o
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: DUI Drysuit...women's size 18

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:
Pinkpadigal wrote:It does have Hot Pink panel and blue piping.
#-o
No, No,No Doug! [-X

I'm scheduling a buddy intervention! I will NOT let you dive this suit! :axe: I don't care how much you want it and if it is a good deal! ...Or if you do you just lost me as a dive buddy... [-X

Although, ...come to think of it... it would be kind of entertaining! \:D/
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

DAPS is in full effect... I will not be wearing a pink anything above or below the water. I don't think you could get Erica to wear a pink suit either.
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

I'd get it in a heartbeat. Heck, anything not to look all black, black, blackety-black-black. I think most dive stuff designers/makers are ex-military or wannabe military.

I am not in the military. I am not a seal (or a Seal). I am not a diving Ninja. I am not afraid to be different. I do not need to be in lock-step with all of my diving buddies. (lowercase dir poke :) ) I would like to be SEEN by my buddy.

Give me your pink, your yellow and your green! Just no....more.....black!

dd
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Here's some yellow for ya Bubbles! :bootyshake:
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

So, Sounder, what is "DAPS"?

I googled it and this is what I got:

Database of Aligned Protein Structure, digital audio player, Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society, Digital Art and Public Space, Deployable Adaptive Processing Systems, DCS Automated Processing System, Deflection Analysis of Pavement Structures, Dual Antenna Positioning System

There's a lot more, but all of these words look too big for you. I started to look for little words, but I got bored and then my ADHD set in and a dust mote caught my eye......
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Yes, those are far to large of words for me... leave that for my wife. She can leave you informed, insulted (sometimes without you even knowing it), and confused with few words. You attorneys are all the same.

DAPS - Divers Against Pink Sh*t

I didn't start and and I'm not officially a member... just have heard of it here and there. Don't know where it started, or with whom, but I bet there are more seasoned folks here who could provide enlightenment.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

A long time ago, on another board far far away, there was a thread entitled DAPS, Diver Against Pink Stuff. There was much discussion about pros and cons of said color, and whether wearing said color was the definition of a "real" diver or not (or something to that effect). Amy, our own Pink Padigal was an oft quoted participant, if I remember correctly. Amy? Am I close? Or has time eroded bits of my memory? (quite possible!). Ever since then the term DAPS has seemed to stick in PNW vernacular.

-Valerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I think if you're comfortable enough with your manhood to wear pink, then so be it! After all, Bassman wears red footie jammies under his drysuit. :bootyshake:

Cheng wears a pink suit and she's a great diver! :prayer:

I guess I'm just not secure enough to wear pink... that, and the suit wouldn't fit me. I like black anyway.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Down with Pink! Down with Pink! Down with Pink!

Not that I have an opinion or anything...
I blame it on early childhood trauma.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Just say no to day-glo!!!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

And here I thought religion and politics were the truly controversial subjects!! \:D/

OK now, group hug, black wearing traumatized insecure types on one side, flamboyant pink loud neon wearing on the other side... :bounce:

I'll be watching from the sidelines in my blue and black! :rr:

Where IS a therapist when we need one?!?! :toimonster:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:I think if you're comfortable enough with your manhood to wear pink, then so be it! After all, Bassman wears red footie jammies under his drysuit. :bootyshake:
AKA "Tickle-Me-Keith" \:D/

Perhaps this could solve the dillemma... flamboyant undergarments for the black wearing divers and black undergarments for the flamboyant wearing divers??

PS - Sorry Amy!! I know you're trying to sell a dry suit! My apologies for another thread hijack...
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:A long time ago, on another board far far away, there was a thread entitled DAPS, Diver Against Pink Stuff. There was much discussion about pros and cons of said color, and whether wearing said color was the definition of a "real" diver or not (or something to that effect). Amy, our own Pink Padigal was an oft quoted participant, if I remember correctly. Amy? Am I close? Or has time eroded bits of my memory? (quite possible!). Ever since then the term DAPS has seemed to stick in PNW vernacular.

-Valerie
Valerie,

You have an amazing memory. You have no idea how much crap I get about wearing pink over the last 7 years or so. But, EVERYONE knows it's me at the surface and underwater. Granted, it looks brown at depth but you can still tell it is me. I look good in pink, and it is a happy color. That is why I like Pink so much.

I also paint hearts on my fins and everyone knows it's me by my fins. No one has ever stolen my fins either. The reason for color and hearts though is so my students and divemasters can identify me underwater.

As for the suit, it is cut for a woman. If Doug thinks he can fit into it ok, more power to him.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Pinkpadigal wrote: As for the suit, it is cut for a woman. If Doug thinks he can fit into it ok, more power to him.
I'd pay good money to see Doug try it on tho... =D>

-Valerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:
Pinkpadigal wrote: As for the suit, it is cut for a woman. If Doug thinks he can fit into it ok, more power to him.
I'd pay good money to see Doug try it on tho... =D>

-Valerie
Exactly what would you pay to see me try it on? What would you pay to see me go diving in it?

Put your money where your mouth is!!! If you don't think I'll do it, call my bluff. :dontknow:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Sounder wrote:
Exactly what would you pay to see me try it on? What would you pay to see me go diving in it?

Put your money where your mouth is!!! If you don't think I'll do it, call my bluff. :dontknow:
Ok, how about a free O2 class! Including books! :book: But, only if I can get some photos to document the Event.

-Valerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Including books eh?
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Yep, but contingent upon having photos, preferably underwater =D>

Besides, I think PINK would look good on you!

-Valerie
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

I'd throw in a Hamilton for Dapster Doug diving in Amy's suit. (And I'd buy at least one copy of the prints.)

dd
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

For you, it's a Grant.

Anyone else want in? I need a scooter! \:D/