FS:HP X8-130 doubles configuration

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
kundalinichi
Frequent Bubbler

FS:HP X8-130 doubles configuration

Post by kundalinichi »

I am putting my set of Worthington X8-130 steel manifolded doubles configuration for sale. I am selling these simply because I do not use them enough.

The manifold is a Dive Rite 300bar DIN, and the isolator valve is fitted with a "vindicator" handwheel assembly that has a bit bigger diameter than normal handwheels, requires less revoloutions to open\close fully, and has a green bushing that shows "open" and red that shows "closed" status.
Also included:
2x delrin thumbwheels for securing a BC system, I found them a bit easier to assemble than standard wing nuts.
2x DIN screw on 'port plugs' that have a included oring that can keep a positive pressure seal if gas source is turned on - keeps you from losing gas. Also of course protects the inner valve head from dust and other debris.

The hydrostatic test date on both cylinders is 2-12, and is rated + (can 'overfill'). These tanks have less than 25 dives on them, and work great even as "bank" or storage tanks - can 'transfill' or top off multiple AL80s inbetween dives. If you are interested in that setup I also can offer a bargain on a "XS SCUBA DuoKev transfill whip" in excellent condition, see product information http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog ... -2705.html if interested.

The tanks are not currently VIP'd, I plan on bringing them to my LDS next week and having them VIP'd and knowingly inspected for potential purchase. I am willing to "deliver" to most areas in west snohomish county, and am open to meet in North Seattle\Ballard area if you are a bit farther south. Can produce original reciept if wanted. Thanks for browsing!
Asking price:$800 OBO

You can right click->View image to see full size.

Hydro:
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Re: FS:HP X8-130 doubles configuration

Post by Linedog »

Mother of god, I dive a single 130 and feel like I have a water heater tank on my back. I know of only one man, god of the deep, master of trim, that dives twin 130's. They are great tanks however.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Twin 130's are awesome - I love mine.

I'll offer $550 if you don't find a better deal!
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

I'll be dub'n a set next week
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Linedog wrote:Mother of god, I dive a single 130 and feel like I have a water heater tank on my back. I know of only one man, god of the deep, master of trim, that dives twin 130's. They are great tanks however.
They are quite comfortable in the water. Its picking them up out of the truck of the car or off the floor of the shop that sucks.
Jeremy wrote:Twin 130's are awesome - I love mine.
Nothing quite like carrying enough gas for 3 recreational dives or 2 moderate tech dives at the same time ;)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Mine don't get dived a LOT but nice to have when needed.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

CaptnJack wrote:
Linedog wrote:Mother of god, I dive a single 130 and feel like I have a water heater tank on my back. I know of only one man, god of the deep, master of trim, that dives twin 130's. They are great tanks however.
They are quite comfortable in the water. Its picking them up out of the truck of the car or off the floor of the shop that sucks.
Nothing quite like carrying enough gas for 3 recreational dives or 2 moderate tech dives at the same time ;)
It's only spinal cartilage...what's the concern? :)
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

[sarcasm]I still want to know what the fill pressure is for a plus rated h.p. X8-130? I saw the hydro stamp on at least one tank and it had no plus.[/sarcasm]
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
kundalinichi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kundalinichi »

Jeremy wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
It's only spinal cartilage...what's the concern? :)
Yeah, I also bought a nice sturdy hand-cart for these babies if interested! And unless you are a pro squatter I reccomend them! haha
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Mateo1147 wrote:[sarcasm]I still want to know what the fill pressure is for a plus rated h.p. X8-130? I saw the hydro stamp on at least one tank and it had no plus.[/sarcasm]
3600 of course :stir:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

CaptnJack wrote:
Mateo1147 wrote:[sarcasm]I still want to know what the fill pressure is for a plus rated h.p. X8-130? I saw the hydro stamp on at least one tank and it had no plus.[/sarcasm]
3600 of course :stir:

[sarcasm]the "X" in "X8-130" is like a "+" just turned 45 degrees[/sarcasm]
MightyGazebo
Just Settling In

Post by MightyGazebo »

Send a PM and email, tells me PM still in outbox (unread). Just making sure you're getting messages...
kundalinichi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kundalinichi »

Still for sale
kundalinichi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kundalinichi »

Put them in for VIP a day ago - can be ready for delivery by the end of next week.
kundalinichi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kundalinichi »

Picking them up in just a bit today
kundalinichi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kundalinichi »

Price lowered to $750, I can deliver within reason.
kundalinichi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kundalinichi »

Recent VIP, they got cleaned up, look great!
cedwardbaird
Just Settling In

Post by cedwardbaird »

I'm likely a little late in inquiring about your 130 tanks. Do you still have them. If not, do you know of someone who has some 130s or sale?

Carl Baird
carl.baird@wavecable.com