Haskel Oxy Booster

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
ghost
Frequent Bubbler

Haskel Oxy Booster

Post by ghost »

Haskel gas booster. I used this two stage unit for boosting oxygen. This unit was sold to me out of a navy unit that had two of these units combined, I bought half of the surplus unit. It was in great shape and had either not been used or was used very little. I put a full oxygen kit into it. I believe the parts alone from Haskell was over $700. This is a nice unit that includes the interstage cooler. It had previously been set up for remote cycling control, but now runs automatically.

Nice unit, never gave me any issues. Haskels are reliable units to have if you do a lot of gas boosting. Has a cycle counter for monitoring usage for maintenance.

I am no longer diving and selling this booster along with the rest of my rather complete gas system, see my other auctions for compressor, storage tanks, etc.

Craigs for pics...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/spo/4754044144.html

Be gentle on this one. I may actually weep when this goes out the door. That, or i may bring it in and hang it on the wall as art.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Re: Haskel Oxy Booster

Post by yadayada »

PM sent
ghost
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ghost »

I did not get a PM. I'm new, maybe i don't qualify yet.
ghost
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ghost »

Okay, finally got it. Let me answer publicly for everyone.

The unit was oxygen clean when I last used it and I had capped the ends at that time when it was being moved. Since then it has not been run, and the end caps have come off leaving the inlet/outlet exposed. Personally I would not consider that clean (though neither is it going to be horribly dirty). I would pull the end caps and run them and the check valves through the ultrasound.

So no longer oxygen clean.
ghost
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ghost »

Spent some time today in the garage and was able to plumb the haskel back into the mix panel. It is boosting very nicely.

At this point, it would not take much to give it a quick cleaning but any time the unit has been exposed to the open environment I just can't consider it oxygen clean, though the rebuild kit I got from haskel was for o2 and that's what I boosted frequently before moving this unit. I would assume that any person looking to purchase this unit would prefer to do this themselves.
ghost
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Haskel Oxy Booster -sold

Post by ghost »

Sold