FS: Dive X Scooter, project and needs battery

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
mheyns
Avid Diver

FS: Dive X Scooter, project and needs battery

Post by mheyns »

I bought an earlier model of the Dive X Sierra scooter a while back intending to fix it up and get it running again. Unfortunately I ended up buying some other items (*cough* re-breather) and I can't afford to fix up the scooter anymore. :-)

I could keep it and wait until I have the time and money again, likely in a year or two, but I'd rather free up the space.

So, if you're interested in a scooter body with a brushed motor, older mechanical operation and less tricky electronics, let me know and we can arrange a meeting to look it over.

All I think it needs is a new battery and some foam cutout to provide a fitting for the battery. I had looked around a lot and was intending to get one of these 24V 15A batteries from PingBattery (reliable and well-respected battery manufacturer). As a side-note, this battery would have more power than the standard 300W sierra batteries...

http://www.pingbattery.com/servlet/the- ... ium/Detail
IMG_4996.JPG
IMG_4997.JPG
IMG_4998.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
PM me with offers/questions on the scooter. I'll consider anything reasonable. Also willing to ship it if necessary.
mheyns
Avid Diver

Re: FS: Dive X Scooter, project and needs battery

Post by mheyns »

Bump. Anyone interested? PM me. All offers considered.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Talk to Ben or someone at dive xtras when you go for a new battery. You need to be careful that its not too heavy as the tube is smaller than the later model sierras and it cant have too large or heavy a battery in it.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
mheyns
Avid Diver

Post by mheyns »

Sold.