BP/W, Tanks, etc. for sale

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

BP/W, Tanks, etc. for sale

Post by Peter Guy »

A former student of mine contacted me and ask for my help in selling his gear. He has medical issues that have terminated his diving career so decided he should sell those toys so that he can buy some new ones. I'm not putting any pricing on these items but make him offer that isn't insulting (or one that is if you want) and you'll probably get it. For the moment, I think you'll need to PM me and I'll forward any offers on to him.

He has:

DSS steel back plate with 35 lb wing -- used just a few times

Zeagle BCD (don't know the model) -- older

Two AL 80s due for hydro this year

Two Steel 130s (don't know hydro date) -- I'm sure none of the tanks have current VIPs

I guess there is other assorted gear, wet suits, old dry suit -- if interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

Peter Rothschild
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: BP/W, Tanks, etc. for sale

Post by Norris »

Experience has taught me that pics and prices with an OBO will accelerate potential sales. Just sayin' :)
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Norris -- my experience has told me the same thing but I'm not the one trying to sell the gear.

Besides, really, what more info do you need other than it is a steel 130 or an AL 80? And the DSS BP/W really does have just a few dives on it -- it's just a back plate and wing.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Potentially interested in the BP/W. Do you know what size the BP is?
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Re BP/W -- I believe it is a DSS medium with 35 lb wing -- email me your address and I'll put you in direct touch with the seller
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

for single tank... I don't think I would use any other setup then the DSS (w/ weight plates) and a 35# wing. LOVE mine. 5mm and AL80 works great in warm water... no weight belt
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

KneeDeep wrote:for single tank... I don't think I would use any other setup then the DSS (w/ weight plates) and a 35# wing. LOVE mine. 5mm and AL80 works great in warm water... no weight belt
What other brands have you compared the DSS to?
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

KneeDeep wrote:for single tank... I don't think I would use any other setup then the DSS (w/ weight plates) and a 35# wing. LOVE mine. 5mm and AL80 works great in warm water... no weight belt
I think we are all kind of partial to the brands we like and dive..

Well, I also eat ketchup on my french toast would never it any other way... :tomnic:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

kdupreez wrote:

Well, I also eat ketchup on my french toast would never it any other way... :tomnic:
... try it with peanut butter and siracha sauce ... Thai toast ... :supz:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Grateful Diver wrote:
kdupreez wrote:

... try it with peanut butter and siracha sauce ... Thai toast ... :supz:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Ok that is seriously messed up. Add a little feta though.......
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

This has certainly gone off topic and downhill!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

ppffsshh.. how can ketchup on french toast possibly be transgressing anything in a downhill fashion! :nutty:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
SealScott
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SealScott »

So, what's still for sale... a peanut butter back plate and two slices of 130's?