OMS Doubles valves need crossbar

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

OMS Doubles valves need crossbar

Post by Norris »

So I was looking through my bins and realized that I have a set of 200bar 3/4 inch OMS doubles valves, without isolator crossbar. Does anyone have one of these lying around they would be willing to sell?

Also the research I have shows these as an older option for doubles but haven't read anything bad about them. So does anyone have any input as to why I should NOT look to get these set up?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Re: OMS Doubles valves need crossbar

Post by Rockfish »

I've used OMS doubles valves for years. There was a lot of discussion about the o-ring seals being "face" and not "barrel" (I am probably not using the correct terminology) and that there could be some potential failures. I never had an issue. I still use mine. Problem is with OMS kaput it is harder to find parts to service them. I occasionly see these on eBay for sale. Also there was a thread on here some time back about a shop in North or South Carolina that bought out some OMS inventory when they went out of business might be worth a try to contact them. I don't recall the shop's name.

Mike
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Hey Rockfish thanks for reminding me of that. A simple site search for OMS found me the thread, I contact them and BAM ordering one today.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Not sure if it was http://northeastscubasupply.com/, but John has all the parts you need and he also makes the burst disks, which hard to find. I bought 3 service kits just to make sure I had some handy.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

I'm thinking of replacing my OMS manifold, just because it takes like, 20 turns just to turn a valve on or off. Total PITA when ding a valve drill.