got any old usable gear to get rid of?

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
ratfishlvr
Avid Diver

got any old usable gear to get rid of?

Post by ratfishlvr »

I am trying to find some decent usable gear to donate to my friend's daughter...... Please believe me that this isn't a scam or a ploy to get free stuff.

Here's a little bit of the back story. My buddy is from mexico and he has a wife and a son and a daughter who still live in Mexico . The daughter is studying marine biology and she needs to get her scuba cert. My buddy is saving the money for it and he bought her some "gear" from somewhere. He asked me to take a look at the gear and it turned out to be the oldest regulator I have ever seen.... along with an equally old J valve tank. I told him that he probably shouldn't try and have her dive with that stuff.

So I have decided to try and do what I can to find her some decent gear that will get her going.. safely. I have put out the call to all my dive pals and I thought I would put a little note on here to see if anyone has any usable gear that they might be willing to part with to give a young person a chance to accomplish her goals.

So maybe some of you have some old usable gear to part with for a small price tag, or maybe you just want to get it out of the garage? She is about 5'0 and 100 lbs. At this point I am looking for whatever I can get except tanks as I can't ship them ( I don't think I can anyway).

thanks and be safe,
garrett
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: got any old usable gear to get rid of?

Post by Tangfish »

I have a drysuit that would probably fit her. The seals need to be replaced but otherwise it looks to be in good order. Just PM me.

By the way, where is Koos' Pay It Forward box these days?
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Camping now but I will dig threw my gear box when I get home and send you a list.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

I've got spare fins and mask. She's about my size and I'll go looking to see if I might have a set of gloves and a hood too
-Erika
ratfishlvr
Avid Diver

Post by ratfishlvr »

Echo wrote:I've got spare fins and mask. She's about my size and I'll go looking to see if I might have a set of gloves and a hood too

Awesome, Thanks! Just PM me when youre ready and we'll make arrangements to pick it up...
john gearhart II
Avid Diver

Post by john gearhart II »

I might have a scuba pro mk 2 or a 17 I'll see what I got
ratfishlvr
Avid Diver

Post by ratfishlvr »

Awesome! That would be fantastic. Keep me posted and we can set up a place to meet up.
Thanks,
Garrett