Dive Xtra Sierra scooters for sale

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Dive Xtra Sierra scooters for sale

Post by Jaksonbrown »

I have two Sierras for sale. Both used but in excellent condition. Ill post some pics later

$2500 ea.

Contact me via divelist@hotmail.com

Cory-
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Re: Dive Xtra Sierra scooters for sale

Post by Jaksonbrown »

One left. I also have a hard travel case for this scooter I will throw in the deal. The case sells for over $400.
Attachments
thumbnail_20170126_170448.jpg
thumbnail_20170126_170440.jpg
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

upgrading?
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

I bought one of them. Not happy with it - no torque. I adjusted the pitch but the plastic bolt broken. No I did not force it.
So it might just be the bolt and prop pitch. Or maybe I put it back together wrong after taking it apart to see what the problem was. Or maybe it's the clutch. The blades turn and change speed OK. I ran it for 30 minutes on a dive today but mostly I pushed it. Can't tell if it's turning fast enough. Seems wobbly at the prop hub. Will take it to DiveX tomorrow to see what it needs.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Hell, A Sierra will haul me around with 130pd rebreather and 2 AL 80 bail out tanks.

DiveX should get you straightened out.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

ohopdiver wrote:I bought one of them. Not happy with it - no torque. I adjusted the pitch but the plastic bolt broken. No I did not force it.
So it might just be the bolt and prop pitch. Or maybe I put it back together wrong after taking it apart to see what the problem was. Or maybe it's the clutch. The blades turn and change speed OK. I ran it for 30 minutes on a dive today but mostly I pushed it. Can't tell if it's turning fast enough. Seems wobbly at the prop hub. Will take it to DiveX tomorrow to see what it needs.
You have to remember you purchased a sierra it's not the Workhorse of the dive extra scooter line ...if you wanted something with power and torque you'd be looking at a Cuda... also why didn't you have Corey meet you down at the water so you could take it for a test drive?
I owned a sierra for three years they're a great scooter but you quickly outgrow them if your friends have more power and longer battery run times..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Jeff Pack wrote:Hell, A Sierra will haul me around with 130pd rebreather and 2 AL 80 bail out tanks.

But you also forgot to mention that you have a lithium battery you do not have the stock battery... LOL
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

H20doctor wrote:
Jeff Pack wrote:Hell, A Sierra will haul me around with 130pd rebreather and 2 AL 80 bail out tanks.

But you also forgot to mention that you have a lithium battery you do not have the stock battery... LOL
so what, thats only a capacity change

BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

I dive a Cuda and my regular dive buddy dives a Sierra. The difference between speeds for us is usually +/- one gear.

The Sierra is actually a really nice workhorse of a scooter. It's light, has 60+ minutes of burn time in 3rd gear and can be easily upgraded with a Lithium-ion battery. It's also a nice scooter for dive travel.

If the tail is off balance then you probably have something going on with either the motor bearing or the inner hub.

Just a bit of advise - While you're up at DiveX, grab some spares: Pitch knob, clutch plate, inner hub, a couple of props and and 3 or 4 body o-rings. Also, when they service your Sierra, have them show you how it all goes together. I guarantee it will save you a dive someday.
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

Thanks for all the tips. It's fixed (pitch screw) plus annual service.
It was not a case of - it's not very fast. It was a case of - it doesn't move at all in any speed unless I push it.
It was just an unfortunate coincident that a key $1.75 part broke just when I bought it.
I'm a happy camper now pending sea trial.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

ohopdiver wrote:Thanks for all the tips. It's fixed (pitch screw) plus annual service.
It was not a case of - it's not very fast. It was a case of - it doesn't move at all in any speed unless I push it.
It was just an unfortunate coincident that a key $1.75 part broke just when I bought it.

Ya know Dan, I have been waiting for an apology from you for days now for basically coming on here and telling folks that I sold you a busted scooter knowing full well that I am still attempting to sell another one. Basically ensuring that no one will buy it. So your forcing me to tell my side of the story.

What he actually did is purchase my wife's scooter that we bought fully refurbished from Dive X. It only has 23 dives on it. I tested it in the rinse tank before he showed up to give it a good rinse as it hasn't been used in over 6 months and it functioned perfectly... as always. I even demonstrated to him i n person how you adjust the pitch of the prop and fully disengaged the blades and then fully engaged them again. Then I ran the scooter through all the gears multiple times in his presence. I showed him how to secure the battery, etc etc... all the tricks you learn from owning a scooter. He talks me into taking a check from him and leaves. Then for some god unknown reason, he goes home and disassembles the tail section of the scooter and somehow manages to break the pitch screw. He calls me and tells me that its broken and I assured him that it wasn't broken when he left with it as I demonstrated it right in front of him. If the pitch screw was broken, you would not be able to adjust the pitch as I demonstrated to him in person! I tell him he needs to go to Dive X and get a new pitch screw. A $2 part. Instead, he puts it back together, knowing that the pitch screw is broken and goes diving with it anyway! Obviously it didn't work as the blades wont hold a pitch without the screw!!!
So what does he do next?? He gets out of the water all pissed off and cancels the check he wrote me and comes on this board and basically says I sold him junk with no torque,(without even calling me or anything) knowing that I am still attempting to sell my other scooter as well. Then... he calls me up 2 days later telling me he put a stop payment on the check and threatening me that he is going to bring my now broken scooter back to me or else he is going to take it to DiveX and make them do a complete refurb on it and then he said he would "bring me another check" if everything turns out ok. And if I didn't like it, I could go and get my busted scooter at Dive X myself!

So I had to make multiple trips to Dive X to ensure that my scooter was not flooded or anything and make sure that this guy didn't make off with it without paying me for it. The folks at Dive X were very understanding and assured me that they would not let him have it until he paid me.
I had to inform Dan of this fact and tell him that if he wanted the scooter he would have to bring cash before he could pick it up, and then had to go back to dive x and be there when he arrived so that they would not have to be a collection service on bounced checks.

So im out $115 in bounced check fees, 5 days waiting to get paid, and two trips to dive x, missing work to do so both times.

And this boys and girls, is why you never take a check from someone you don't know when your selling things. Lesson learned.

P.S. The folks at dive x were amazing in helping me through this ordeal. I have nothing but the highest praise for Ben and his team!! Thank you!

In any event, I still have one left in PERFECT WORKING ORDER.

Price drop $2200
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

ohopdiver wrote:Thanks for all the tips. It's fixed (pitch screw) plus annual service.
The pitch screw is not really that common a part to break but the yoke piece is (the triangle part that has 3 pins sticking out to hold the blades at pitch), get a spare for your box.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

Jacksonbrown, I sincerely and publicly apologize for your inconveniences, your bounced checks and your second scooter. I will call you in a bit to say the same. I did what I believed was best to protect my own interests. I was never pissed - certainly anxious. I always understood the possibility it could have just been an unfortunate time to break - shortly after getting it home. And of course I didn't believe and don't believe I did anything that should cause it to break. The correct sequence was - 1. I turned the pitch knob and it broke. 2. I took it apart to see why. Not the reverse. This was the second problem, the first being the battery draining overnight - I didn't know that's normal when connected to motor. For all I knew the lack of torque in the water was a third problem. We can argue over whether a broken pitch screw should result in zero torque - I got different answers at DiveX and other scooter owners. I cancelled the check and called you 48 hours after giving it to you, not knowing if something serious was wrong Telling you you could pick it up at DiveX was not intended to be mean spirited. I was getting a repair estimate but since I cancelled the check it was still your scooter. I was giving you control of the situation not making sarcasm. I also incurred extra expenses. I appreciate your point of view, please try to see mine. None of this post was written with any anger or sarcasm.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Moderator Interjection:
Its good that you two seem to have come to terms with what has happened. Ohop, I believe your apology. Jacksonbrown, if I had the money, I would buy the other scooter from you without reservation. Thank you both for not turning this into a flame war. Lets not let it go there.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

FWIW, in my spares kit, I keep 2 of every plastic part in my sierra just in case. Havent needed any in quite some time though once I learned not to overtighten stuff.

Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Bump... $2000
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Still available.... Price drop to $1800...

Any less than that its not worth selling.

You can take the scooter to Dive X and have it checked out and confirmed it is in good working order. It probably needs an annual service, but that is it.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Bump.... 1600.00
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Bump... Still avail. I have a hard case worth $300 and a universal camera mount made by Dive X also that I will throw in on the deal.

$1600

divelist@hotmail.com
425-829-0029
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

damn, thats a tough one as I'd love to have a backup because we dive almost exclusively with scooters, but then the Sierra's are so solid, I've got hundreds on hours on mine without a hiccup.

One question, does yours have the original analog speed control and not the new digital one?

Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

It is the original Sierra.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian