Hammerhead backplates and sta's

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Hammerhead backplates and sta's

Post by Ken G »

Hello fellow NWDive club friends! I am in the market for a new BP and STA. I have been researching all of the options and have found Hammerhead. All the reviews I have read say good things about the product and the people behind it. They use marine grade steel (316) and alum (5052 H32). Best part is the prices. You get an STA included for less than most of the competitions B/P alone. Check out the cold water special. I will be placing an order soon and will report back....

http://www.hammerheadscuba.com/default.htm
Last edited by Ken G on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Uh....well, if the chick in the pictures uses one of those....I probably need a few of them. :smt119
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Nailer99 wrote:Uh....well, if the chick in the pictures uses one of those....I probably need a few of them. :smt119

Actuly she doen not even dive that is his Girlfriend
can you say Sex Sells boys and girls ?

I knew you could LOL

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

there are some realy good optians out there .

I decided to go with just the Dive Rite Trans Pack I decided to go this route for a couple reasons.

I found a realy good deal on my Trans Pack

and after trying one that Grateful Diver had I was hooked on them
they are so stream line it is insane. and I find I do not fell so restricted while diving. if that makes any sence to you at all.

But as for Back plates I think you need to shop around and and ask your self what do I need and what do I want out of this ?

The answer to thouse two questions should be factors in your buying a back plate.

I bought a Dive Rite Al Plate and then found after diving it only once I was not hapy with it and sold it to a friend ,

I wanted a SS Plate and could not aford one at the time I found the AL plate and thought hey I could always just add more weight
well Sir I did that and hated it now I too am looking for a SS Plate.

But knowing now what I did not know then I will never settel for a peice of gear that is close to what im looking for againe .

I have a few links I would be willing to share on back plates and some other such gear if any one is looking for some just shoot me a PM
and Ill be gald to share

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Sex does sell... but they're not selling her. If I was selling scuba gear, I'd have smoking hot girls in the pictures too. Well done... but I'm sticking with the Deep Sea rig. Reputation and a "test-drive" go a lot further than hot women - plenty of pretty gals around. I'd really recommend you check out their stuff too.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

I placed an order for a S/S back plate today with the 2 piece single tank adapter. Also I talked with Ed who is one of the owners about his product etc. He took the time to answer all of my questions and seemed genuinely nice. I will post a review after I dive it on my upcoming trip to Costa Rica...... It was a tough call between this and the DSS
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Sounder wrote:Sounds good - I'll be looking forward to hearing your review!
I will be looking for our review as well.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man