FS: Aquatica D3S Housing & Nikon D3S Body $1,250

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

FS: Aquatica D3S Housing & Nikon D3S Body $1,250

Post by GRH »

Nikon_D3S_5695_72pi.jpg
Nikon_D3S_5692_72pi.jpg
Aquatica_D3S_Housing_5721_72pi.jpg
Aquatica_D3S_Housing_5711_72pi.jpg
Aquatica_D3S_Housing_5705_72pi.jpg
I am selling my lightly used Aquatica D3S Housing with virtually unused standard eye piece (I used the Aquatica View Finder). It was $4,190.00 new.

The housing has about 30 dives and has been in storage for over 4 years due to medical issues. Other then scratches on the bottom from Puget Sound’s rocky bottom, it is in excellent condition.

The housing includes a pair of Nikonos connectors and an Ikelite connector. I ordered Ikelite, it was delivered with Nikonos and they added the Ikelite while keeping the dual Nikonos.

I will include an unused O-Ring. After 4 years I recommend the battery is changed. The strobe and focus light mounting balls visible in the pictures are NOT included.

I am the original owner and will ship in the original factory supplied box.

https://aquatica.ca/en/manuals/d3s.instructions.pdf

I am also selling my Nikon D3S Body that I purchased for $4,999.00. It is also in excellent condition with all original accessories and unopened documentation.

I am including two batteries, an assortment of Compact Flash cards including 2 ea. 32 GB cards and 2 ea. 16 GB cards. Also included are 2 ea. CF carrying cases, 2 ea. Lexar USB card readers and 2 ea. Lexar Firewire Card Readers.

The camera has 86,250 actuations. I used it to shoot sports which is where most of the shutter count came from. I’ve owned every full-sized Nikon Body, currently have a D5 and D850 and the D3S is the most solid feeling and handling body of them all. Low light capability is great and allows shooting without strobes in bright clear water. Of course, strobes will be better. I also have a Really Right Stuff L-Bracket for sale separately.

Price for the Housing and Camera Body is (Lowered to $1,250.00) $2,000.00 plus shipping and any fees. I have it listed for more on another forum but would prefer a local sale, I'll be getting a housing for my D850 if I sell this and could use a photographer dive buddy to share notes with. USA sales only. Local Seattle pickup available.

Here is a link to more pictures. Click on a thumbnail for larger images.

https://pbase.com/georger/aquatica_d3s_housing&page=all

Thank you.
Last edited by GRH on Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: FS: Aquatica D3S Housing & Nikon D3S Body

Post by YellowEye »

That was a FANTASTIC camera back in the day! Probably still beats most out there.
We have a bunch of photographers that dive Redondo ThThTh every Thursday night (see the planning section), come on by some time!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GRH »

YellowEye wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:45 am That was a FANTASTIC camera back in the day! Probably still beats most out there.
We have a bunch of photographers that dive Redondo ThThTh every Thursday night (see the planning section), come on by some time!
I'm looking forward to getting back in the water and live less than 5 miles from Redondo. I need to get a doctor checkup December 7th and don't anticipate any problems. I also need to order a new drysuit, a mouse got to mine while in storage and it can't be repaired. I'm hoping to dive by January, possibly sooner.

I've owned the D2, D2H, D3, D3S, D4 and now the D5 and D850. The D3S can still hold its own.

Found this little guy at Redondo.
Attachments
_DSC6704_72pi.jpg
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I have a dry suit for sale, super cheap. I’m 5’10” and 260#. (I know. Working on that.)
If you’re anywhere close to that, hit me up. It’s a fully tricked out DUI with all the extras. Only dived a couple of times...
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GRH »

Joshua Smith wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:30 pm I have a dry suit for sale, super cheap. I’m 5’10” and 260#. (I know. Working on that.)
If you’re anywhere close to that, hit me up. It’s a fully tricked out DUI with all the extras. Only dived a couple of times...
I was measured last week and believe a new suit has been ordered but thanks.
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GRH »

Price drop to $1,700.00 I just ordered an Aquatica D850 Housing and would love for someone to take this.
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GRH »

Price slashed to $1,250.00 Great gear just gathering dust. Buy a Nikon D3S camera in great condition for $1,250.00 and get an Aquatica Housing for free!