Anyone have some gear to rent?

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
ktuli
Avid Diver

Anyone have some gear to rent?

Post by ktuli »

Alright - so maybe I didn't plan this out so well... but I'm in the area and I want to dive as much as possible, but at least based on the prices I got from 8 Diving in Des Moines that is going to be very expensive - around $200 per day of diving. The other alternative is to buy a drysuit and the other pieces I would need, but between lead time and the uncertainty of whether I will want to do cold water diving long term, that might not work too well either.

So I figured I'd ask here is anyone has some gear they are willing to rent for a few weeks. I'd need a drysuit (I'm 6'5" and 175lbs), hood, gloves, and possibly some jet fins (as I learned my fins are too light) or I could pick up some ankle weights.

I know it is a long shot, but I figured I'd ask...

Thanks!

Will
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Anyone have some gear to rent?

Post by YellowEye »

Most divers aren't set up to rent. You may want to buy then sell when done.

I have some hollis f1s fins that you can buy, and I can buy them back if you don't need them when you're done. But I'm not back in town til Tues.

Hope you get out!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

Yeah - like I said I knew it was a long shot. I just thought if maybe there was someone who knew they wouldn't be diving for a bit and wouldn't mind renting their gear out for a bit.

But I did end up finding a shop with a suit that should work. Now it is just a matter of actually figuring out when/where to meet up with some folks to dive.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Where are you located?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

Currently staying in the Burien area. I ended up buying pretty much everything I needed. Only thing I'll be renting is tanks.