For sale DUI 50/50 small womans drysuit 2 years old $900

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Jeff Kruse
Compulsive Diver

For sale DUI 50/50 small womans drysuit 2 years old $900

Post by Jeff Kruse »

My wife wanted a different suit #-o so her old one is for sale.

50/50 custom drysuit - nylon on top (silver/grey) and compressed neoprene bottom and socks rock boots for womens shoe size 6 (socks on suit fit larger foot - could use neoprene boots if desired) latex wrist seals and neoprene neck seal diagonal zip SiTech valve.
2 years old and not many dives on it.

This suit fits a 5'3" to 5'4" person around 110-115 pounds (maybe more?).
The inseam is 30" Would fit a small female or a teenage boy. Price new without undergarment was 1850. Selling (without undergarment) for $900.

Jeff
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

after months of scouring the internet, sending cold-call type emails to shops all over the place, and searching want ads, i finally broke down and bought a new one ... and then you have to go and post this? ](*,)

ah, well, perphaps the good news for you is ... there aren't very many [affordable] nice suits around for people this size!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Jeff Kruse
Compulsive Diver

Post by Jeff Kruse »

Don't you want a backup? :)
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

yeah; might have come in handy actually ... since i ripped the neck seal on mine before i even got a chance to use it. #-o said suit is currently en route to bremerton for repair ... and i am still diving wet.

sadly, i have already spent way too much money on scuba gear and just don't have the funds to buy much else right now. :crybaby:
my FLICKR photo sets
Jeff Kruse
Compulsive Diver

Post by Jeff Kruse »

I still have this suit available for sale. I am trying to sell it locally so the buyer can try it on first but I haven't had much luck. I am thinking of putting it on eBay if I can't sell it around here. Thanks,

Jeff
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

LG - what's 9 more scuba units?

I had to add up what I've spent so far for insurance and have only used 30 scuba units - still no wet or dry suit yet......
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

thelawgoddess wrote: sadly, i have already spent way too much money on scuba gear and just don't have the funds to buy much else right now. :crybaby:
You can never spend too much money on SCUBA gear. :supz:
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Spoken like a true dive shop owner!!! I agree however - after all... what is your happiness worth?! \:D/ This is why the philosophy of scuba units was created.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Pinkpadigal wrote:
thelawgoddess wrote: sadly, i have already spent way too much money on scuba gear and just don't have the funds to buy much else right now. :crybaby:
You can never spend too much money on SCUBA gear. :supz:
well, when you don't have enough money in your checking account to cover your rent check ... i think maybe you've spent too much on scuba gear. #-o at least that month anyway!
my FLICKR photo sets
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Speaking of spending money, an HID is next... Amy, do you carry HID's?
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

DEMA...DEMA...DEMA

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I am shopping for a nice line of lights to carry. I have looked on line and haven't been "sold" on anything yet. My main mission at DEMA is to find a light manufacturer with good LED and HID lights. I will keep everyone posted.

As for spending more money, come talk to me next month about underwater metal detectors. I am going to be carrying them very soon and many will be priced affordably. My hope is early next year we will also incorporate them into rentals as well.
Amy Rhodes
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

As far as LED - I had the chance to pro-deal some Princeton Tec. I think they're great for back up and tropical waters! I got the Shockwave LED which has 3 bulbs, each being a 3watt LED. VERY bright, but doesn't cut through the muck like an HID does here.

I really like the Salvo lights and the Nite-Diver.com lights! :bounce: The Salvo I really like is only 11 scuba units!!! :bounce:
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sounder wrote:I really like the Salvo lights and the Nite-Diver.com lights! :bounce: The Salvo I really like is only 11 scuba units!!! :bounce:
My Salvo is my favorite piece of dive equipment. I have 30 or so dives on mine so far, and it has performed flawlessly. I have the 21w NIMH 14.4v remote head light (the one that comes with two batteries). I love the thing, and wouldn't dive without it.

I know NWSD carries them, and you might be able to get a good deal on one there.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

The best backup lights going right now:
http://www.cnsales.net/photontorpedopage.htm
A single 3w LED which IMO is about like a 7 or 8w HID in brightness - fantastic.

Dive-rite's canister lights are more budget minded than Salvo's, Halcyon, or Sartek. I have a DR 10w HID and its a bit underpowered but for the price they are a great way to get into a HID canister light.

Pinkpadigal what's your principle demographic?
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

CaptnJack wrote:The best backup lights going right now:
http://www.cnsales.net/photontorpedopage.htm
A single 3w LED which IMO is about like a 7 or 8w HID in brightness - fantastic.
Agreed. I've actually given my LED Photon Torpedo to people to use as a primary light when they didn't have one.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

You know that the LED modules in those are the exact same as in the UK C4 eLED lights. They also work in both 2 and 3 cell Halcyon Scouts. (not so bright in the 2cell scouts though)
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

CaptnJack wrote:You know that the LED modules in those are the exact same as in the UK C4 eLED lights. They also work in both 2 and 3 cell Halcyon Scouts. (not so bright in the 2cell scouts though)
I knew that, but didn't know they'd work in the 2 cell scouts . . . a two cell scout may make the perfect second backup light (and I know that some people, like Lynne, for instance, prefer the 2 cell lights because they are shorter and fit better on their harnesses).

Thread is officially hijacked.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

No one was buying Katrina's old drysuit anyway :la:

The center spot is dimmer, but they work much better than the halogen module. I have to get a couple more. I've been putting the halogen modules in the UK lights and keeping them around the house.

Th UK eLED lights are $50 + shipping from a major unauthorized online retailer that shall remain nameless.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Good point-maybe our hijack will keep it alive until someone small enough to fit in that suit finds it (btw, this is a great time to be 5'3" and looking for a drysuit-between hers and Lynne's there are some good options).

Back on topic:

The UK LED module is half the price of the big H's . . . amazing.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

(I have a used Diving Concepts, women's size 10 I am trying to sell too.)

I have been extremely unhappy with UK's customer service I like the price point and the led C8 is a good light but this light has been discontinued. I am not a fan of the Light Canon...every one I have owned has flooded.

I have found a lot of great backup lights by other manufactures and for a cannister light, Dive Rite is my favorite. However, I want to sell a good primary light for people not interested in paying $500 or more for a main light. That is why I am going to shop around and talk to manufacturers at DEMA. There has got to be a company out there that can compete with UK for quality and price. I also like to touch and feel stuff and I think once I "see" what is out there, that will help me make a good decision of what to carry in my store.
Amy Rhodes
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

I hear there are going to be some interesting new lights at DEMA-at least that is the buzz on TDS. I'm jealous you get to go poke around there.

I think Oxycheq has a line of lights coming out, designed by a guy that used to work for Salvo.

As for a sub-$500 light, the Sea Elite canister light barely falls into that category. It is a fixed-beam, 10w HID made by Salvo (I've seen it for $499). If I had friends on a budget, I'd nudge them towards that one. Although it is fixed beam (narrow) I find I usually dive my light that way anyways, and with 10w in these waters, I imagine that would be the way most people would dive it.

And, it is a Salvo, which are really great lights.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Hesers are made as a backup light but can work as a primary. They aren't cheap at ~$250 but it is half of an inexpensive canister. Roughly 1/5th of a 21w HID
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »