Moving Into Tech Diving

Looking to do your DM or Instructorship or taking your skills to the next level with Essentials, Fundamentals, or Intro to Tech training? Post here.
AdrianSmith
Avid Diver

Moving Into Tech Diving

Post by AdrianSmith »

defied wrote:Thanks for the offer, but I will pass. I am a Navy Veteran, and proud. I believe you may be painting your military career a little too bright, and i've found that creates an association i would rather not have.

Honor, Courage, and Commitment. I definitely don't succeed all the time, but i try.

D

BZ, and thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Moving Into Tech Diving

Post by kdupreez »

Hi "Adrian Smith"

Welcome to NWDC..... please take a minute to introduce yourself in the "Introductions" section.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
AdrianSmith
Avid Diver

Post by AdrianSmith »

kdupreez wrote:Hi "Adrian Smith"

Welcome to NWDC..... please take a minute to introduce yourself in the "Introductions" section.
No offense intended, but I try to keep my online presence to a minimum, which includes eschewing public introductions. I know a few divers on here, and I've been diving for 24 years. That's about as far as it goes.

-Adrian

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

AdrianSmith wrote:
kdupreez wrote:Hi "Adrian Smith"

No offense intended, but I try to keep my online presence to a minimum, which includes eschewing public introductions. I know a few divers on here, and I've been diving for 24 years. That's about as far as it goes.

-Adrian

:uh: LOL oooooh super secret,
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Oh come on folks, there are people here who have lurked and even posted for years without introducing themselves.

And with regards to keeping internet presence to a minimum, thats actually being smart, not super secret. :)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

So true
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

ljjames wrote:Oh come on folks, there are people here who have lurked and even posted for years without introducing themselves.

And with regards to keeping internet presence to a minimum, thats actually being smart, not super secret. :)
I see what you are saying...something like

Hi there,
I been diving for XX years and tend to join XX groups from time to time. My diving interests are XXX and considering I will be posting here from time to time I wanted to share some basic information about myself.

...can be scrubbed for all kinds of personal information resulting in stolen identities and emptied bank accounts?

I was more replying to the somewhat blunt denial of politely introducing yourself "before" entering a debate.

Signed,
People
<wink>
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

I don't know... I think it goes well with this thread...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

The faster you sandwich, the cheese you paint. Which is the real difference between god. Plant a ring of thorns and stick feathers to your fingertips with honey.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
cofford
Aquaphile

Post by cofford »

I'd like to see a tank explode.
Powered by Puppies and Ice Cream.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Huh? Staying out of the internet forum posting arena as smart as in keeps one slightly out of the online diving politics.... I wasn't even thinking of that other stuff you mentioned. Obviously I'm not nearly as smart :)

Introducing ones self before entering a debate? Here? Yeah, as if. Countless folks have sock-puppeted or suddenly popped up and tossed out inflammatory stuff in countless threads on NWDC, it's barely a legitimate thread without it ;)

Norris wrote:
ljjames wrote:Oh come on folks, there are people here who have lurked and even posted for years without introducing themselves.

I see what you are saying...something like

Hi there,
I been diving for XX years and tend to join XX groups from time to time. My diving interests are XXX and considering I will be posting here from time to time I wanted to share some basic information about myself.

...can be scrubbed for all kinds of personal information resulting in stolen identities and emptied bank accounts?

I was more replying to the somewhat blunt denial of politely introducing yourself "before" entering a debate.

Signed,
People
<wink>
Last edited by ljjames on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

cofford wrote:I'd like to see a tank explode.
Not if it was septic ! :eek:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

ljjames wrote:Huh? Staying out of the internet forum posting arena as smart as in keeps one slightly out of the online diving politics.... I wasn't even thinking of that other stuff you mentioned. Obviously I'm not nearly as smart :)

Introducing ones self before entering a debate? Here? Yeah, as if. Countless folks have sock-puppeted or suddenly popped up and tossed out inflammatory stuff in countless threads on NWDC, it's barely a legitimate thread without it
Sadly, I think you have a good point. To be fair, though....we nuke proveable sock puppets immediately.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

ljjames wrote:
And with regards to keeping internet presence to a minimum, thats actually being smart, not super secret.

Huh? Staying out of the internet forum posting arena as smart as in keeps one slightly out of the online diving politics.... I wasn't even thinking of that other stuff you mentioned. Obviously I'm not nearly as smart :)

Introducing ones self before entering a debate? Here? Yeah, as if. Countless folks have sock-puppeted or suddenly popped up and tossed out inflammatory stuff in countless threads on NWDC, it's barely a legitimate thread without it ;)
That was my mistake. I misread your initial post to say that introductions are avoided to be "smart" so's not to expose personal information and jeapordize your security.

Instead you are saying that it is smart to avoid introductions so that your posts on heated or debatable threads can be hidden behind the fact that noone knows who you are? Especially if you choose to do this on your very first post?

Sometimes I read fast and miss the intended message of a post.

Carry on... :taco: :taco: :taco:
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

*sigh*
----
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Joshua Smith wrote:The faster you sandwich, the cheese you paint. Which is the real difference between god. Plant a ring of thorns and stick feathers to your fingertips with honey.
I also agree with this....
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Joshua Smith wrote:The faster you sandwich, the cheese you paint. Which is the real difference between god. Plant a ring of thorns and stick feathers to your fingertips with honey.
Must resist urge to mention tacos and honey :rjack:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
AdrianSmith
Avid Diver

Post by AdrianSmith »

I never intended to enter a debate. I was thanking defied for obviously having served in the military for many years and for his ongoing commitment to honor, dignity and integrity.

-Adrian
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

:popcorn:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

mz53480 wrote::popcorn:
Pass the popcorn please :angelblue:
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I LIKE TURTLES!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

How about we lock this? 0]
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

defied wrote:How about we lock this? 0]
Not a bad idea. Anyone second the motion? Or have a good argument for keeping it open?

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Well laura and i were able to communicate in the background. we figured our thing out...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Joshua Smith wrote:
defied wrote:How about we lock this? 0]
Not a bad idea. Anyone second the motion? Or have a good argument for keeping it open?
awwww but I need some entertainment during my breaks at work
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel