Moving Into Tech Diving

Looking to do your DM or Instructorship or taking your skills to the next level with Essentials, Fundamentals, or Intro to Tech training? Post here.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Moving Into Tech Diving

Post by H20doctor »

I Thought the tech forum didn't get Hijacked.. Lol.. Ive worked for bill gates, and I signed a piece of paper stating I'm not supposed to talk about it, or disclose where he lives, and what the inside if his house looks like.. But I don't care, I talk about it all the time, and what its like to b in his house, and the pool he has.. So I dont buy all this secret diving military stuff, or ufo cover up.. I'm sure google can tell us what and how
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Joshua Smith wrote:... Anyone ...have a good argument for keeping it open?
I'm interested in this thread in much the same way that a fly is drawn to a bug-zapper.
(Does that qualify?)

*edit: Josh, I was really expecting to see the 'aspic mold' recipe make an appearance.
*sigh*
guess it'll have to wait...
Last edited by mz53480 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

citycatred wrote: awwww but I need some entertainment during my breaks at work
+1
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

On another forum I go to, threads get locked so fast and often that there is a game played called IBTL. In Before The Lock!
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

cofford wrote:I'd like to see a tank explode.
mythbusters already did it.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

kdupreez wrote:I LIKE TURTLES!
Well if ya like 'em that much I got a pair I'll sell ya ... I haven't used 'em since I got the F1's ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

The basic aspic is 1 tblsp unflavored gelatin, 1/4 cup cold water, 1 1/2 cups hot seasoned stock.
Soften the gelatin in some cold water. Dissolve in the hot stock. Add the mixtures (see below) when gelatin begins to thicken. Pour into the mold (bundt would work) and chill until firm.

Sliced Veal in Aspic:
Use highly seasoned veal stock, 1/2 cup cooked peas, hard boiled eggs (not sure how many) and slices of veal.

Tongue Mousse:
Use beef stock and 1 1/2 tblsp unflavored gelatin.. Add 1 cup mayo, 1 tsp dry mustard, 1/2 tsp salt. 2 tblsp of minced onion, 2 tblsp green pepper and 2 tblsp parsley. Add 2 cups of ground tongue.

Divers Down- Use Diver pancreas and 1 1/2 tblsp lime gelatin. Add 1 cup ranch dressing, 1 tsp talcum powder, and 2 tsp neoprene. Add the bile and hatred of 3 internet dive sites, agitate with the juices of 2 sock puppets, and add the flames of 3 cyberdivers, and serve on a brightly colored splitfin.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Joshua Smith wrote:The basic aspic is...
:rofl:
:notworthy:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

cofford wrote:I'd like to see a tank explode.
[sarcasm]Gee, if you had only said so earlier we wouldn't have had a thread to hijack.[/sarcasm]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tyINNUaXa8Q[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vWivPYuLiOE[/youtube]

Happy now?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

i keep seeing divers at divesites with their masks on their foreheads. are they in need of rescue? should i help???
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

lamont wrote:i keep seeing divers at divesites with their masks on their foreheads. are they in need of rescue? should i help???
Regardless of whether they look it or not, when I see that I tackle them and give them mouth to mouth...So far I am at 0% fatalities.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

LOL!
Norris wrote:
lamont wrote:i keep seeing divers at divesites with their masks on their foreheads. are they in need of rescue? should i help???
Regardless of whether they look it or not, when I see that I tackle them and give them mouth to mouth...So far I am at 0% fatalities.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Movie by kyle.. Yeah I get it kyle
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Norris wrote:
Having witnessed this twice, I now hold my mask in my right hand until I'm ready to dive, when I put it on my face with a startling quickness. And at the end of the dive, I take my mask off in one brisk motion, and hold it in my right hand. At no time does the mask sit motionless on my forehead. It's like a blur of motion up there.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Norris wrote:
Having witnessed this twice, I now hold my mask in my right hand until I'm ready to dive, when I put it on my face with a startling quickness. And at the end of the dive, I take my mask off in one brisk motion, and hold it in my right hand. At no time does the mask sit motionless on my forehead. It's like a blur of motion up there.
Good for you Josh cause I am always keeping an eye on you. Not on MY watch sir, not on my watch.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

Mike Nelson wears his mask on his forehead. End of discussion.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

fishb0y wrote:Mike Nelson wears his mask on his forehead. End of discussion.
Mike Nelson never met Norris.

Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Maybe Norris met Mike Nelson.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Most people don't know that Norris' first name is really Chuck.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:Most people don't know that Norris' first name is really Chuck.
That would explain a lot of things.

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

My cowboy boots are made outta real cowboys...wanna get to know me better? Just wear your mask on your forehead.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Can I request someone other than Norris tackle me and give me mouth to mouth? I don't care about the fatality rate, I just want to go out with a smile yanno?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

CaptnJack wrote:Can I request someone other than Norris tackle me and give me mouth to mouth? I don't care about the fatality rate, I just want to go out with a smile yanno?
So you'd prefer Josh did it?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spatman wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Can I request someone other than Norris tackle me and give me mouth to mouth? I don't care about the fatality rate, I just want to go out with a smile yanno?
So you'd prefer Josh did it?
Nah he's got mold
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

When we dive again..alone.. on your boat... put your mask on your forehead.. i dare you :luv:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White