Hollis Prism 2 training in Portland?

Looking to do your DM or Instructorship or taking your skills to the next level with Essentials, Fundamentals, or Intro to Tech training? Post here.
ssturges
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hollis Prism 2 training in Portland?

Post by ssturges »

Any one qualified to teach this in Portland, Interested in the unit but it is not easy to find the training for it. Looking at the Poseidon rebreather for the simple fact that at least I can find local training for it. Really prefer to take the core training local as I am a busy guy, a private lesson is appealing but you have to be qualified to teach on the unit.
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Re: Hollis Prism 2 training in Portland?

Post by kitsapdiver »

Tacoma Scuba is involved with Hollis you may talk to them about instructors. I know they have taught two classes, one with an instructor from Hawai'i and one with an instructor from Vancouver. It sounds like the instructor from Vancouver recieved some high remarks.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Hollis Prism 2 training in Portland?

Post by Joshua Smith »

kitsapdiver wrote:Tacoma Scuba is involved with Hollis you may talk to them about instructors. I know they have taught two classes, one with an instructor from Hawai'i and one with an instructor from Vancouver. It sounds like the instructor from Vancouver recieved some high remarks.
I think the instructor from Vancouver you mentioned is my friend Dave Tomblin. Hes a great guy and a very good teacher. He's on this board, and most of the other ones, as "wedivebc." I have contact info if you want to talk to him.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."