Seattle dry suit diver looking for buddy/ independent instructor

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Kcamp3211
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Seattle dry suit diver looking for buddy/ independent instructor

Post by Kcamp3211 »

Hey my name is Kelly. I’m a pretty experienced wet suit diver but not yet very comfortable with local diving / dry suit diving though I am certified for dry suit. I’ve only had a couple experiences post dry suit certification and one of them my dry suit got stuck and shot me to the top. Both times I did not remain dry. I’m looking for a buddy or even a paid independent instructor to help me navigate dry suit and local diving so I can get more comfortable! I’m big on macro life and always love to learn whether that’s about species or safety. 👌🏻🐟
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Re: Seattle dry suit diver looking for buddy/ independent instructor

Post by orcasc205 »

Hi Kelly, welcome to the board! I'm not sure where in the area you are located, but if you are more towards the south end of Seattle, I can recommend Clay Farrer as an instructor. He helped my daughter get more comfortable drysuit diving after she got her initial certification and is an amazing instructor. He teaches through 8 Diving in Des Moines, but has been willing to do additional training outside of the normal certification classes. Send me a private message if you want his contact information.

If you just want to get out with other drysuit divers for more practice, there are regular weekly dives scheduled both north and south of Seattle. Check out Bubbles-and-Suds on Facebook or the ThThTh Thursday night dives at Redondo in the Dive Planning section here.

Cheers,

-Doug