Freediving in PNW

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
MerBat
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Freediving in PNW

Post by MerBat »

Hello,

I’m a migratory Freediver, currently in the PNW for a couple months this time around. It’s on my yearly route now. I would very much like to meet & share some line time getting to know the PNW depths and the community here. Any underwater time is very much appreciated. I have two buoys and my short line (30m)... Most of my immersions have been Tunisian Mediterranean, Southern Pacific in Mexico and a bit of Cenote time for fresh water fun… will catch up and read through the posts. Grateful to have found you all 👌🏾

I am looking for recommendations on dive sites in the Vancouver area for next week and any others for future adventures. Anyone going out/training? I would like to connect. I will read through the rest of the forum and familiarize myself. Let's Sea!

Kind regards,
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Freediving in PNW

Post by YellowEye »

Hi. I don't think there are too many vancouver-based freedivers that frequent is forum however I do know one vancouver-based freediver and I will ask her for some connections for you. Are you spearing? If so that's likely a different crowd. Likely howe sound is over fished anyway. I'm guessing an answer for a dive site would be White Cliff Park, Porteau Cove, and Kelvin Grove unless you're spearing.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Freediving in PNW

Post by YellowEye »

Hi. My friend got back to me and it seems she hasn't free dived in a while. She says most dive shops carry freediving equipment, you may want to ask with them. Hope you have some good dives!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!