Quick Intro

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Alexitt
Submariner

Quick Intro

Post by Alexitt »

Just a note to say Hi and give my thanks to you folks for creating such a great local forum here. I'm new to diving (OW cert. in Jan) so I don't have a lot of bottom time yet but I'm working on it. Slowly but surely collecting gear, just need my bcd, weights, and tanks now then I won't have to rent anymore... I've done all my dives at Edmonds UW Park so far, but am really looking forward to the many other opportunities in this area. Unfortunately I was the only one in my cert class to show up, so while I got a great set of "private" lessons there was a distinct lack of potential dive buddies... That's one of the things I'm hoping to find here. Well, that and some good advice... Anyway It's great to be here, Thanks
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Quick Intro

Post by Norris »

Welcome and as you probably already have guessed, you will find no shortage of people willing to dive/mentor/drink beer/eat tacos/eat pizza, and/or hijack your unprotected (see NHZ clause) threads. Look forward to seeing ya on a dive.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

As of your intro post you no longer have a lack of potential dive buddies.

In fact... you may find that people here are a little pushy with their willingness to dive with you... or help you... and give you advice... expect to get should on... in fact we'll should all over you even if you ask an rhetorical question. Before you buy a BC and you ask to borrow gear please be careful. This place is like Elmer Fudd's closet and the next thing you know you're buried in dive gear... just watch out for the bowling ball... it's always the last thing out. NWDC a pretty great place and many of us wouldn't be the divers we are today without this little corner of the internets (I'm looking at you Sheahan)

Keep your eye on the planning forum and I bet you'll find people diving most days of the week.

Welcome to the addiction :supz:

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Thanks for the welcome and the warning, though I have no problem w/ beer, tacos, or much of anything else... and the gear dilemma is a toss-up between the Zeagle Ranger and the Knighthawk. Tried the Ranger @ Edmonds yesterday, going to try the Knighthawk next time out. BTW Dive on Sat. was great, good vis, min. current, all in all a sweet time.
:rawlings:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

Welcome to the club. I'm still pretty new myself but have met a lot of really nice people on the forum. Wealth of information can be found here. Have fun and hope to see you in the water.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club!
Your going to have to come down to the South end one of these days, so I can show you a couple of new dive sites.
I enjoy showing off, some of our great dive sites down here to new divers. I'll give you a good tour of Three Tree North, Redondo or Les Davis Pier.
Of course, your going to have to dive on Thursdays. :partydance:

Keith
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Hello and welcome to the club
-Ken
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to NWDC, Alexitt!!!

This is THE place for finding dive buddies every darned day of the week!

We've got a club dive coming up on March 28th at Cove 2 in Seattle....you ought to try to make that one!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Welcome to NWDC!. Let me be the first one to welcome you to our weekly dives at Mukilteo. We call it Monday Mukilteo Madness. You can find info in the dive planning section. Also there are lots of people there that are willing to let people borrow gear so you can try different stuff before you buy it. This board hes completly solved my dive buddy problem, I'm sure it will be the same for you.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Alexitt
Submariner

Re: Club Dive

Post by Alexitt »

Cove 2? Is that down @ Seacrest? "Shore diving near Seattle" Sunday 3-28 Time? Sounds like a good time...Weekend dives are best for me and I work a lot of Saturdays between now and Memorial Day. Cemeteries don't get much time off in the spring. I'd also like to know more about the Monday Mukilteo dives... Times etc. I get home about 5:30 ish and now it'll be staying light longer. I'm pretty new to the forum thing is there someplace else I should be posting all this?
-Alex-

Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

On the main page, check out the section that says dive planning. There's a thread there every week for MMM as well as for all the other dives that are going on. BTW splash times on Monday are usually 4:00pm and 6:30pm.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

welcome to the club!, I'm in the monroe area and attend the MMM nights in mulkeltio quite abit let me extend a second invite. its a great way to hook up for diving with both expierenced as well as beginners. Everyone there is very generous and gracious, and a lot of great divers turn out for this, Hope to see you there some time.

S.
Alexitt
Submariner

Re: MMM

Post by Alexitt »

Cool though it may not be till after Easter for the MMM but I'm shooting for the dive on the 28th @ cove 2, Haven't been there yet so I'm looking forward to it...
-Alex-