New Diver at the Oregon Coast

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
scubapug
Getting To Know Folks

Post by scubapug »

Hello!
My boyfriend and I just received our OW in February . We try and dive every weekend and we are completely hooked! We would like to meet more divers in the area. We live close to Newport. Any women divers in the area? \:D/
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Re: New Diver at the Oregon Coast

Post by 2loud4u »

Welcome to the club... We are not near your location...But I wanted to say "howdy" and congrats on getting certified and sticking with it.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Welcome, Scubapug! There are indeed the bubblin' babes here on the site, and several with stellar crazy mad skillz! You will be in good company!

Woot woot!

Enjoy!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Welcome to the club! As others have pointed out if you plan on heading north for some diving you'll never run out of dive buddies wanting to show you around!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

hey scubapug,

Welcome to the club to you and your boyfriend :). I live in Corvallis, so about 45 minutes from Newport. I do a fair amount of my diving up in Washington, but I try to make an effort to dive the Oregon coast when I can. I'll drop you a PM next chance I get to come out your way and see if you guys want to meet up for a dive.

Take care,
Aaron
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Welcome scubapug - sounds like you and your BF have a lot of potential dive buddies to choose from - maybe we need to pick a day with decent exchanges and meet in Newport? :grouphug:

Aaron, I think I met you and a tall (and cold) dive buddy on a Bandito charter/Whites Fusion demo a couple weeks ago?

Ron
-Aaron- wrote:hey scubapug,

Welcome to the club to you and your boyfriend :). I live in Corvallis, so about 45 minutes from Newport. I do a fair amount of my diving up in Washington, but I try to make an effort to dive the Oregon coast when I can. I'll drop you a PM next chance I get to come out your way and see if you guys want to meet up for a dive.

Take care,
Aaron
Cheers!

Ron
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Hey Ron :),

Yep that is me and my dive buddy Galen :P. We are still trying to work out his heat issues, next stop is a suit heater :P.

That was a fun demo day we had, that was the first time I had dove either of those sites and we had some really nice weather after we broke out of the fog. Funny enough I ended up going on that Canada trip to Porpoise Bay the next weekend with Dana and her friends. Had a great time, worked out really well as a last minute trip :).
Joe Blow
Avid Diver

Post by Joe Blow »

KVI and Point Defiance were AWESOME that day. :metal:

Hope to see you guys in the water some time soon.
SolarWind
Getting To Know Folks

Post by SolarWind »

Are you, by any chance, part of the Aquarium Science program at OCCC? My daughter is in her first year with the program down there and I know they certified several people this winter.

Dave
scubapug
Getting To Know Folks

Post by scubapug »

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. We are not part of the Aquarium Science Program at OCCC but it sounds interesting. We try and dive every weekend, so if anyone is up to dive in Florence or Newport just send us a message and we will meet you :)
Scuba Pug
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Awesome!

If you are interested in diving out of a boat I have a buddy that is a licensed captain (50 ton I think) and I believe he runs out of Newport once in a while. he also runs out of Crescent City on a very regular basis. If you are interested post here and I'll PM you the shop that you can charter through. I'd put the name here but I do not want to spam the forum.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

I am very interested in the info. Shoot me a PM. Thanks.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

I think it sent let me know if it didn't
scubapug
Getting To Know Folks

Post by scubapug »

Please send me the info. Thanks for letting us know.
Scuba Pug
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Brihno, feel free to share the name and info, it's not spammy if people are asking for info - it's merely helpful (thank you). :)
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Okay the shop is bottom time scuba and its in Talent, Oregon. the website for them is www.bottomtimescuba.org. Anyhow if you live on the south end of Oregon or just want to dive down here I like them.