New to the forum and in south oregon

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
brihno
Avid Diver

New to the forum and in south oregon

Post by brihno »

hi guys,

I'm Brian, but you can call me brihno. I live in Klamath Falls. We have a little diving here at Lake of the Woods. but I mostly dive out of Crescent City CA. which ends up being about a 6 hour drive.

Anyhow, Just thought I'd say hi let everyone know that I'm always up for a dive.
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Re: New to the forum and in south oregon

Post by -Aaron- »

Welcome to the club Brian / brihno :).

I haven't had a chance to dive that area, but I hear there is some nice diving in Southern Oregon and Northern California. If you ever make it as far north as Newport or Florence and are looking for someone to dive with, drop me a line :).
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

thanks for the welcome
will do I'd love to dive that area but arranging dive buddies in the past was more work.
I'm not gonna say its the best ever down here but it gets pretty good at times.

There's a place that we can usually limit out on fish but the vis is maybe 10-15 feet most of the time.
And the other place we go often has 50-70 feet but its not as much fun to look at.
great for scallops though.

so all in all I like it pretty well
and if you catch Harris beach on the right day there is some really neat wildlife there. unfortunately its kind of a hike down the hill with all your gear. But its one of my favorites in spite of the hike.
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Hey, welcome to the board. I just posted a few days ago looking for someone to dive in Brookings Oregon. If all goes to plan, I should be down there for about a week next month and would like to do some diving, possibly spearing and collecting...

I'll be with my girlfriend and she's a non diver so I need a buddy.
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

What are the dates you want to dive?
I'll try and make it if the dates work. The 7th and 8th of August are the only days that I cannot come I work during the week so that's out but a weekend trip would be good to go.
There's a good shop in Crescent City if anything goes wrong.
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

I'll have to nag the girlfriend to nail down some dates because it's really up to her work schedule to get the dates off. I can usually get off work pretty easily, but it looks like the middle of next month.
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Cool let me know...