New guy in Corvallis

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
btken
Just Settling In

New guy in Corvallis

Post by btken »

Hey all, I'm just living in corvallis for grad school. I got certified last year doing lake dives in Minnesota, and cant wait to start diving out here. I'm looking for dive buddies, or recommendations for fun.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New guy in Corvallis

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome! We have a large group of Oregonians on the board who come up to the Puget Sound or head to the coast for diving, I'm sure some of them will be happy to have you tag along! Diving here is marginally more interesting than Minnesota lakes. :biggrin:

Check out the Oregon forum for more Oregon related info:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=20

We're also having a club dive in September if you can make it up north for a weekend....

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13111

Happy diving!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club!
I'm from Minnesota! I would be fascinated to hear about some of your lake dives back there.
Come up to the South Puget Sound or Hood Canal and we can get together for a couple of dives.
Oh, I almost forgot....It has to be on a Thursday.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Hey btken,

Welcome to the club. Always great to have another diver in Corvallis :), there are a few of us on the boards now. We have some fun dives on the Oregon coast and a few freshwater lake dives that might make you feel right at home :P, plus trips up to Washington are alway nice. I sent you a PM with my contact information. Drop me a line when you get a chance and we can work out a time to hit the water.

Take care,
Aaron
btken
Just Settling In

Post by btken »

Awesome. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I haven't been diving in a while, and really want to get back into it, and hopefully work my way up to be at least a dive-master... My biggest hindrance for diving is that I don't have any gear of my own, so if I want to do some dives I'll either have to rent some gear or find some gear I can buy fairly cheap. I'm also planning to go on a trip this November to BC and will probably do dry suit cert there, which I hear is better for the cold of the good ol' PacNW