New Oregon Diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

New Oregon Diver

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

My daughter Alisha just became a new Oregon Diver. Bob Bailey (Grateful Diver) Did a great job in teaching Alisha how to dive and certified her today. On her final dive she saw her first Octopus under the honey bear at cove 2, As she said Cool. I now have a new dive buddy. Yea!!!

We will see all of you at the Club Dive.

Now if I can drag out Sparky!!

Jay & Alisha
Lost some where called Brownsmead
spatman
I've Got Gills

New Oregon Diver

Post by spatman »

Congrats, Alisha!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Re: New Oregon Diver

Post by ORDiver »

Awesome!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Congrats, Alisha! :bounceline: :highfive:
Now, may you become addicted as the rest of us :stir: :evil4:

Jay, If you are there early enough, I may see you at the Club Dive.

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I have to say this class was one of the most fun ones I've ever taught. The kid's a fish! The hardest part about her pool work was finding something to challenge her ... most things I'd just show her what I wanted her to do and she'd do it. After running through all the required skills I decided to play a little game of "monkey see, monkey do" ... I'd do something, then motion for her to do it. She challenged me! You should've seen her hovering a couple feet off the bottom ... completely inverted ... doing a mask removal and replacement.

Checkout dives this week were a bit more challenging ... but she came through like a champ. I was especially pleased when she did a textbook unconscious-diver recovery of her dad from 20 feet ... then do-si-do towed him to the beach. I don't think it ever occurred to her that it was supposed to be hard ... considering he's more than twice her size.

She got all her skills done so quickly and so well that the final dive was just for "practice" ... so we switched over from Cove 3 to Cove 2 and went sightseeing. Dropped down at the white buoy and swam over to the Honey Bear. Along the way we found some beautiful janolus fusca nudi's, a couple of decorated warbonnets, a red irish lord, and then ... with our heads stuck under the bow of the Honey Bear ... her first GPO.

Jay told me they'll be at the club dive next month. So if you see a little blonde kid walking around in the highest-topped sneakers you've ever seen, give a warm welcome to Alisha Murphy ... age 12 ... scuba diver ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

How very cool!! I wish I started diving that young. Yay for Alisha!!
Kelly
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

HOOOORAY for Alisha!!!! What a wonderful new world has opened up for her!!! :highfive:

And welcome back, Jay! Haven't seen you around these parts for a year or so! It'll be great if you can drag Sparky with you to the club dive....I still haven't had it physically proven to me that he really exists! :rofl:

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Congratulations! Huge deal!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Congratulations Alisha! I got into diving long after my dad got out of it, and I'm always envious and happy to see family dive teams.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sparky!!!!!!! He surface about a year ago for air and then went under again. It would be cool if he showed up for the club dive Jay.
Charles