Hello

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Hello

Post by Joshua Smith »

Diving kicks ass.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hmmm- no "edit" button here? Didn't mean to be rude, My name is Josh, by the way, and you all seem to have a real nice site here. Thanks to whoever put it together and hosted it!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

welcome Josh:

This site is hosted by Our verryown Calvin Aka the TangFish

These guys rock. while I have been a member for some time now I have not yet made the trip up to the Seatle area to meet them
I am going to be up on the 6th though to dive with as many of the club members that can make it so it goest to say we are looking foward to meeting you and haveing a couple grate dives and better stories to tell.

Welcome to the club and hope to see you soon

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to the Dive Club Josh. From the sounds of it you're a very enthusiastic diver, that's great and we're happy to help you along in answering questions and buddying up on dives so you can get the experience to go with that (great) new gear you have.

We typically have a Wednesday night club dive at Cove 2, usually around 6:30-ish. Saturday and Sundays we put together dives at varying locations, sometimes by boat and mostly from shore.

There are some great people to meet here on the board (like 'ol Sparky here) and we basically all just share the love for diving. The board makes it a little easier to coordinate dives, learn about equipment and to plan extras like specialty certifications.

We're looking forward to seeing you in the water soon and don't hesitate to ask anyone around here to buddy up or to join in on a dive you see being planned.

:supz:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Cool. Wednesdays, 6:30 ish, you say? That would be perfect! Are you doing one this coming wednesday, the 3rd?

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm not going to be able to make it this week most likely, because I am currently in Divemaster training and I think we have a pool session on Wed. I talked to Dave (our club moderator and dive planner extraordinaire) and he said that he might be able to make it this week. I'll post something on the dive plan page to get the ball rolling. Make sure to pop on over and let folks know you're available (the more people who show interest, the more momentum a dive plan gets).

Cheers,

Calvin
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Roger that! Good luck w/ the divemaster training!

DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

My My Josh, how things have changed \:D/ ...
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm going to write the Nailer99 (Unauthorized) Biography: "From OW To DIR In 10 Months"
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I hate you guys.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Tangfish wrote:I'm going to write the Nailer99 (Unauthorized) Biography: "From OW To DIR In 10 Months"
So WHEN, exactly, did Nailer go "to DIR"?

I'm pretty certain that his TDI instructor, as well as Technical Diving International itself, would want to know about his defection. HA!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

That actually stands for "Doing It Rawlings." :salute:

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Nailer99 wrote:That actually stands for "Doing It Rawlings." :salute:

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
I imagine that your instructor and TDI would REALLY have some questions about THAT! HA!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Actually, Josh dives DIN (Dive It Nailer) :la:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Tangfish wrote:Actually, Josh dives DIN (Dive It Nailer) :la:
THAT, I can live with!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re:

Post by Tangfish »

Nailer99 wrote:Hmmm- no "edit" button here? Didn't mean to be rude, My name is Josh, by the way, and you all seem to have a real nice site here. Thanks to whoever put it together and hosted it!
You're very welcome. And, welcome to NWDC!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re:

Post by spatman »

DiverDown wrote:My My Josh, how things have changed \:D/ ...

Diving still kicks ass, though.
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Re: Hello

Post by lurch »

I saw nailer at cove 2 this weekend. He was going to 160fsw on 38cuft! And I didn't see a pony!

Now that's hardcore. :naka:
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

laivindil wrote:I saw nailer at cove 2 this weekend. He was going to 160fsw on 38cuft! And I didn't see a pony!

Im sure he had plenty of gas to spare as well as bailout. Josh is not one to take chances
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

laivindil wrote:I saw nailer at cove 2 this weekend. He was going to 160fsw on 38cuft! And I didn't see a pony!

Dude, I had more OC gas than YOU did! We don't call them "ponys", though. They're "Stages." Ah, you'll understand when you're a little older.......

lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Nailer99 wrote:

Dude, I had more OC gas than YOU did! We don't call them "ponys", though. They're "Stages." Ah, you'll understand when you're a little older.......
:prayer: