USN(Ret)diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
CPMurray
Just Settling In

USN(Ret)diver

Post by CPMurray »

Howdy you all,
Been diving for about 40 years. I'm 55 and still doing it professionally in Lake Union, Seattle. I dove with my father who was one of the pioneers in diving and later I became a Navy deep sea diver. Yes, I know I'm prehistoric, :rawlings: but I probably have more bottom time than most of you have years in age :rofl: . I have so many stories I could bore anyone with. I grew up watching Sea Hunt at an early age. The first real club I joined (1976 Yokosuka, Japan), was called the Bubble club. Since dive school in 1977 all my buddies were navy trained, we dove well together like schooling fish or sharks. :pirate: I've been enjoying the fruits of the sea for many years, have always followed the rules and regulations of harvesting sealife and understand conservation to a point i.e. my recent post about Ling cod slot limits. :angry: There is no conservation with this rule, in fact I consider it just the opposite. Unless your a spearo you can't understand. I will be spearing ling cod this year, I just hope I can keep it in that 10 inch margin (slot) :burntchef: Anyway enough on that. I normally don't need dive buddies, I have my own thing going on, including friends with boats. This month I'm taking my daughter to Santa Rosa NM to dive the Blue Hole, 81 FFW at an altitude of 4600 ft. making it a 100 foot dive in fresh, clear 64 degree water. Maybe I can figure how to post pictures of the dive on this site.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: USN(Ret)diver

Post by Sounder »

Wow, unbelievable Navy stuff, more bottom time than I have in years, and stories to share?! Are you related to Loanwolf?! :wolfie:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

USN(Ret)diver

Post by spatman »

Welcome to NWDC, CPMurray! Ignore that dimwit Sounder, he probably forgot to take his meds this morning.

We hope you stick around, and looking forward to hearing your Navy diving stories!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: USN(Ret)diver

Post by Joshua Smith »

CPMurray wrote:Howdy you all,
Been diving for about 40 years. I'm 55 and still doing it professionally in Lake Union, Seattle. I dove with my father who was one of the pioneers in diving and later I became a Navy deep sea diver. Yes, I know I'm prehistoric, :rawlings: but I probably have more bottom time than most of you have years in age :rofl: . I have so many stories I could bore anyone with. I grew up watching Sea Hunt at an early age. The first real club I joined (1976 Yokosuka, Japan), was called the Bubble club. Since dive school in 1977 all my buddies were navy trained, we dove well together like schooling fish or sharks. :pirate: I've been enjoying the fruits of the sea for many years, have always followed the rules and regulations of harvesting sealife and understand conservation to a point i.e. my recent post about Ling cod slot limits. :angry: There is no conservation with this rule, in fact I consider it just the opposite. Unless your a spearo you can't understand. I will be spearing ling cod this year, I just hope I can keep it in that 10 inch margin (slot) :burntchef: Anyway enough on that. I normally don't need dive buddies, I have my own thing going on, including friends with boats. This month I'm taking my daughter to Santa Rosa NM to dive the Blue Hole, 81 FFW at an altitude of 4600 ft. making it a 100 foot dive in fresh, clear 64 degree water. Maybe I can figure how to post pictures of the dive on this site.
Welcome to our site, CPMurray!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
CPMurray
Just Settling In

Post by CPMurray »

Sounder wrote:Wow, unbelievable Navy stuff, more bottom time than I have in years, and stories to share?! Are you related to Loanwolf?! :wolfie:

Maybe.... I seem to be more of a bottom dweller. I have been to Whiskey creek (T-1's) and Parksville(T-2's), Nanaimo, B.C. I used to chase and catch torpedo's in the water. :mermaid:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

CPMurray wrote:
Sounder wrote:Wow, unbelievable Navy stuff, more bottom time than I have in years, and stories to share?! Are you related to Loanwolf?! :wolfie:

Maybe.... I seem to be more of a bottom dweller. I have been to Whiskey creek (T-1's) and Parksville(T-2's), Nanaimo, B.C. I used to chase and catch torpedo's in the water. :mermaid:
(took my meds this morning) You're my hero!!

Welcome to the club. Hope to meet you out in the water (or more likely the parking lot over a hot dog at the next club dive) sometime soon!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Welcome aboard! There's a retired EODMC I work with, too bad he's burned out on diving, no doubt he could teach me a thing or two!
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280