I've been lurking for a while. Time to introduce myself.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
davedennett
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

I've been lurking for a while. Time to introduce myself.

Post by davedennett »

Hi all,

I joined the forums back in January but didn't post anything because I wasn't even certified in anything yet. My wife got me scuba classes for Christmas, and back in mid-March I did my class. I've only been diving once now since my class, but I'm looking forward to diving more this summer. I just thought I should finally introduce myself.

My name is Dave, and I live near Vancouver, WA. I finished my PADI OW in March. Went back to Hoodsport last weekend, and have plans to go to Monterey, CA at the beginning of July. No other plans right now, but I'm always looking.

Dave Dennett
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: I've been lurking for a while. Time to introduce myself.

Post by Norris »

Welcome Dave,
Glad to have ya! Drop a line when you are in town if you need someone to show you around some of our sites.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Ditto. Always nice to have another Dave on the board :angelblue: I'm in Renton, so holler when you're coming this way and we can get together.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

welcome, dave!

if you 're around, come to the club dive on july 9th and say hello!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, you'll love Monterey! Be sure to get Lobos reservations at least one day that you are there. If you want leads on people there with whom to dive, shoot me a PM.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC Dave!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome Dave,
My advise to you, if your going somewhere like Monterrey is to dive your head off between now and then and get as much experience as you can. Consider that OW cert only a learning permit. You have only a very basic knowledge and skills package and you very much need to get some hours in before your really ready. Many of the sites there are quite demanding and you need to prepare. We have lots of great divers up here who would be glad to help you fill in that knowledge and skill set so you can be safe down there. It's a bit of a drive for you guys down there to make it up here but it's worth it and if you post in the dive planning section you can probably find carpool buddies who will be dive buddies too. There is a pretty good number of divers in your area that come up this way as much as they can :supz:

Dive safe guy and live long.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

What is your schedule like? We live in Longview, and when the conditions seem good we try to go. You would be welcome to accompany us. We were in Monterey a couple weeks ago, and it was nice, lots of life, interesting terrain. The diving can indeed be challenging, you have surf and surge to deal with at a lot of sites, but there are some less challenging sites. Are you going with buddies that have some experience there?
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
jaytrigg27
Avid Diver

Post by jaytrigg27 »

Welcome to the board Dave! I'm in spanaway let me know if you ever want to dive.
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Welcome to the club Dave. I am in Vancouver and there are quite a few of us down here drop me a line.

Jeff
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
davedennett
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by davedennett »

Thanks for all the support. Right now, I'm just waiting for school to end (I'm a teacher). Then, I'll have more time to go diving. Two young kids at home also keeps me quite busy, but I'll have to make some time. Thanks, everyone!