hi people

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
oregon111
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

hi people

Post by oregon111 »

I only snorkel, and I live in Pdx. I will probably dive after a few more years goes by.

I like snorkelling small white water rivers with pools in the late summer when the water is warm.
I like the Washougal (by Vancouver Wa) and the little north santiam (east of Salem).
I have snorkled in the Hood Canal also.

But I really like the way the rivers have rock walls that go down to the bottom and I like getting a deep breath and going down - I like the freedom of just fins & a mask with no gear.

I think there are some good places on the coast to snorkel in the Lincoln city/Newport area.
Like Boiler Bay, Whale cove - I know a way in, but its not easy, Otter rock, Yaquina head, etc. Cape Lookout would be great also.

But there are no sharks in the rivers - and I am more concerned with sharks in the ocean than other dangers when snorkeling.

Haven't done it yet, but another one high on my list is the Illinois River in S. Oregon - that river has deep pools all over the place. Another cool one would be Sioxon creek in SW Washington - but would need a wetsuit for that one.

I would also be into snorkeling the Strait of Juan de Fuca and other places in Puget Sound.

(I also surf, so I know all about currents and water temps)

If any of you are also into snorkeling (in addition to diving, let me know)
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Re: hi people

Post by WylerBear »

If you are available tomorrow, Seven Seas Scuba is doing a beach/underwater clean up at the Newport fingers. Some people will be cleaning the beach and some underwater. When my wife has gone with me in the past, she has snorkeled and done some shallow water, close in clean up that perhaps you might want to do. If you are interested check out Seven Seas website at www.sevenseasscuba.com and look at the monthly shore dives.
Oh, and welcome to NWDC.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC! You'll find a lot of great info about learning to dive here. Don't be afraid to ask.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the Board / Club
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: