Howdy All!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Madocyw
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Howdy All!

Post by Madocyw »

Howdy All,

I'm a total newb, both to this board and to diving, so go easy.

First, I have zero experience diving, beyond swimming to the bottom of a pool on occasion, and the three times that I have tried snorkeling. I'm a terrible swimmer at best, a mediocre kayaker, and an excellent question asker.

expect a bunch of questions from me, and eventually I may even post a dive report or two, assuming I don't chicken out of learning how to SCUBA dive.

Cheers,
Madoc
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Howdy All!

Post by Norris »

Well we are here for ya and when I started, I too was full of questions, in which this resource was priceless. So ask away and good luck on your decision to learn this great sport!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Welcome, Madoc! Newbie questions are not only tolerated here on NWDC, but encouraged.

Good luck with your Open Water training and let us know how it goes.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

Hey Madoc
If you are willing to go north, I have had good experiences with: http://www.frogkickdiving.com/
More expensive, but this investment will get you more enjoyment than an equal purchase of dive gear, and they will probably help you avoid some ill advised purchases also.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Please tell us your home base so we can better make recommendations for you and you can hook up with the guys in your area.

Beyond the first day of pool training the swimming ability is pretty irrelevant. Once you get through the initial swim and treading water your pretty much over that part. And on to the fun stuff. If you can survive snorkeling you should have no problem learning to dive.