Howdy from Montana

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Howdy from Montana

Post by yodelhawk »

Hello one and all!
I'm a new diver (9 dives) and am itching to get out there and get wet. One of your members referred me from the SB forum. I'm hoping to make a long weekend trip to the Puget Sound area within the next couple of months and hope to gain lots of knowledge and input from all of you. Thanks for looking
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Howdy from Montana

Post by spatman »

Welcome to NWDC, yodel. Be sure to let us know when you make it out this way!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome, yodelhawk! Glad you came over here. (This is TSandM from SB.) This is definitely a great place to get information about diving in our area, and also to find dive buddies for your trip.

If you haven't wandered around here a bit, check out this long-running thread about what you can see here: http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2043

Be sure to let us know when you are heading our way!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by yodelhawk »

Thanks LCF! And thanks for the good info! Thanks for the "Hello" Spatman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Howdy from Montana

Post by cardiver »

Welcome! Are you the same person that I was telling about different shops in the area? I think you might have been looking at my pics on Scuba Board.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to nwdc! Do you dive at all in Montana?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Welcome to the board! What part of Montana? I grew up in Montana and still have lot's of family there. Bob
Life is good, let's dive!!
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by yodelhawk »

cardiver wrote:Welcome! Are you the same person that I was telling about different shops in the area? I think you might have been looking at my pics on Scuba Board.
Hello again. I believe you are right. I have been a little under the weather and have spent a lot of time on line on 3 different forums. All the pics I have seen from different divers have been great. I hope that I will become a good enough diver some day to take a camara with me. As for now I'm going to focus on seeing the underwater world and not getting into trouble by being distracted. Thanks for saying hi.
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by yodelhawk »

DiverBob wrote:Welcome to the board! What part of Montana? I grew up in Montana and still have lot's of family there. Bob
Hello DB. We are in Great Falls, pretty much right in the middle of the state. Where abouts are you from? You ever miss the Big Sky Country?
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by yodelhawk »

Tom Nic wrote:Welcome to nwdc! Do you dive at all in Montana?
Hello TN. Yes, we go diving in the local lakes and even in some of the rivers,although I myself have not gotten into the Missouri yet. I found a local dive club and am told that they go out quite often in the warmer weather. Man I hope so! I'm itching too go! Thanks for saying "hi"
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

yodelhawk wrote:
DiverBob wrote:Welcome to the board! What part of Montana? I grew up in Montana and still have lot's of family there. Bob
Hello DB. We are in Great Falls, pretty much right in the middle of the state. Where abouts are you from? You ever miss the Big Sky Country?

I grew up in Plentywood. It's so far out in the middle of nowhere that even most people from MT have not even heard of it, let alone been there! What I miss the most is not being closer to my family. Don't miss the below zero temps and the wind at all! Bob
Life is good, let's dive!!
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by yodelhawk »

DB, wow! Plentywood! That is almost over in ND! I have been there a couple of times. I'm a medic and work on a flight service out of Great Falls. Every once in a while we get called out there. Usually in the middle of the night, hehe. BTW, as I'm writing this the old temp says -8. Stay warm!!!