New Divers from Oregon

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
pkelly
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New Divers from Oregon

Post by pkelly »

Needless to say, after my brother-in-law and I did a discover Scuba session, we are hooked! We are getting certified over the next month, and this weekend we are starting our classroom work and confined dives.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone here, and hopefully get a chance to someday dive with some of you. I currently have 5 kids 7 and under, so I will be looking for some family friendly dive spots where the kids can play safely while I dive. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated!

We are in the Salem area, so anything within an hour or so from there will be perfect. We already have a spot on the Little Northfork River in mind.

Thanks in advance for any insight, ideas, or expertise that will be shared.

Phil
json
Aquaphile

Re: New Divers from Oregon

Post by json »

Welcome. I don't know of any dive sites in Oregon but there are lots up north. Where did you do your discover scuba at.
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
pkelly
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by pkelly »

We did our discover scuba with Jeff at Hydrosports Dive and Travel in Keizer. I have seen a lot of interesting dives up north, with many of them coming from the Northwest Wreck Dives book. They look like a lot of fun! We have family in the Seattle area, so I am sure we will be visiting them quite a bit this summer. :)
spatman
I've Got Gills

New Divers from Oregon

Post by spatman »

Welcome, fellow Oregonians!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the addiction, guys! :highfive: :highfive:

Yeah, you really need to come north for the best dives. You should be sure to check out Sund Rock @ the Hood Canal area.
And if you get a chance, South Sound Dives on Thursdays!

I'll dive w/ you guys! :supz:

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
vs920
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vs920 »

You can also check out Justin Rochefort with Blue Element Scuba in Salem. He puts together quite a few dives (shore & boat) on the Oregon Coast.
cwbycopey
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by cwbycopey »

anytime you want to go dive let me know
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Welcome! I am up for diving as well. I have found Harris beach can be good if you catch it at the right time. It's a marine reserve so there is all kinds of life there. The downside is hauling gear down the trail to the beach (and back up again).