OR diver new to forum

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
seether60
Just Settling In

OR diver new to forum

Post by seether60 »

Hello, certified back in June of 2011, I have since run through the card chase of the PADI system amassing 70 or so dives around the NW as well as HI. I have been slowly getting a tech kit together as I prefer that style of diving over the standard rec. outfit. I hope to do some tech training as well as cave this fall. Went to the club dive this weekend and had a great two dives, everyone was very cordial.
AquaticEngineer
Frequent Bubbler

Re: OR diver new to forum

Post by AquaticEngineer »

Where in Oregon are you? I'm just outside of Clackamas
seether60
Just Settling In

Post by seether60 »

Eugene. You should come down and do Clear Lake, Waldo, or any of the high mountain lakes, the vis is usually great.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the board!

We have lots of hard core Oregon divers (hard core defined as driving 6+ hours for two hours underwater), so I'm sure you'll fit right in!

The Oregon lakes that you mentioned are definitely on my bucket list!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
AquaticEngineer
Frequent Bubbler

seether60 wrote:Eugene. You should come down and do Clear Lake, Waldo, or any of the high mountain lakes, the vis is usually great.
I grew up in Eugene :)

I have a good friend who dives down there with his son, his name is Jeff Lewis.

I would love to come dive the lakes sometime, I'm still getting gear together and money for classes. Just been free diving and snorkeling along the coast line and in the bays.

I have a 325 gallon coldwater marine aquarium, so I've been collecting a lot of my own specimens, pretty cool so far but going to be way better when I can go full out.
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Welcome aboard- Be sure to join the Eugene Dive Club- we meet the first Monday of every month at Mookies in Springfield : http://www.eugenediveclub.com/index.html They organize monthly dives, and it's a great place to meet other divers.

@Aquatic Engineer: Small world- I just talked to Jeff this morning. We used to work together...
thomo
Just Settling In

Post by thomo »

welcome to the board, good to see more OR divers

Thomo
AquaticEngineer
Frequent Bubbler

Furnari wrote:
@Aquatic Engineer: Small world- I just talked to Jeff this morning. We used to work together...
That's awesome!! I'm real good friends with his brother DJ. Jeff has taken us rafting on the McKenzie a few times and we try and meet up with him down at Winchester every year for their crabbing trip.

I think this year it may turn into a diving / crabbin / specimen collecting trip :D
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the board seether60! Glad you were able to get up here for the club dive!
Clear Lake? "Drool" :notworthy:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC, seether60!

Our Oregon contingent is growing and as Tom Nic said, very dedicated to diving. Hope to see you around!
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Welcome sether60. There's a growing contingency of us from Salem who are also heading in the tech direction. And being "hard core", we frequently make the 3 hour treck up north. We also dive the Oregon bay's and off shore Oregon when conditions permit. Stay in touch.
Cheers!

Ron
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Welcome to the forum. Hit me up if you'd like to dive sometime.
seether60
Just Settling In

Post by seether60 »

Those of you in Salem, what kind of goals or target dives are hoping to make with your training.
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

PM Sent ;)
Cheers!

Ron