New to Seattle

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
M_bipartitus
Getting To Know Folks

New to Seattle

Post by M_bipartitus »

While I'm sure there are countless "New to XXXXX" threads, I decided to start another for myself.

I just moved to Seattle to start a research position at the University of Washington and I'm hoping to get in some local diving. I've noticed that there are several weekly dive groups in the area and I intend to attend some of those. For the moment I'm a bit limited by not having a car (I don't think doubles on the city bus are the best idea.), but hopefully I can work something out soon enough.

In short, "Hello. I hope to meet some of you in the water soon."
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Re: New to Seattle

Post by diverden »

Welcome M_bipartitus! I'm sure you'd be able find someone to help you out. I'll give you a ride at the end of July. However, it would be really cool if you took the bus to the West Seattle water taxi and did a giant stride into Cove 2 :)
viperwsu
Frequent Bubbler

Post by viperwsu »

Welcome!

I don't see a problem with doubles on the bus, but be sure to take your fins off before boarding or you could trip granny.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Welcome,
I pass through the U District on my way to Cove II. I'm sure we can find a way to get you diving.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
M_bipartitus
Getting To Know Folks

Post by M_bipartitus »

renoun wrote:Welcome,
I pass through the U District on my way to Cove II. I'm sure we can find a way to get you diving.
I would appreciate a ride. My car (and wife) will be arriving in September, so it is only a temporary need. I'm sure I could through in a six-pack or some air fills in return.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

M_bipartitus wrote:
I would appreciate a ride. My car (and wife) will be arriving in September, so it is only a temporary need. I'm sure I could through in a six-pack or some air fills in return.
Both are acceptable SCUBA currency
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Norris wrote:
M_bipartitus wrote:
Both are acceptable SCUBA currency
:goodpost:
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

I live right next to the UW and University Village, I wouldn't foresee having a problem picking you up on the way to a dive site. I'm planning on diving three tree next wednesday night.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
M_bipartitus
Getting To Know Folks

Post by M_bipartitus »

It doesn't look like I will be able to make it this week, but I should be able to join a group diving next week.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

I live in the UW and am always looking for dive buddies. Hit me up. I got a truck and can do the driving so lets do something.

M_bipartitus wrote:While I'm sure there are countless "New to XXXXX" threads, I decided to start another for myself.

I just moved to Seattle to start a research position at the University of Washington and I'm hoping to get in some local diving. I've noticed that there are several weekly dive groups in the area and I intend to attend some of those. For the moment I'm a bit limited by not having a car (I don't think doubles on the city bus are the best idea.), but hopefully I can work something out soon enough.

In short, "Hello. I hope to meet some of you in the water soon."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Man....this is why I love this club! If you can't find a dive buddy here there must be something seriously wrong!

Welcome to NWDC, M_bipartitus!!!!

- John :rawlings:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Im looking for one right now and cant find one to run out to cive two with me for a quick dive lol.... I got that I need to dive right now itch!
John Rawlings wrote:Man....this is why I love this club! If you can't find a dive buddy here there must be something seriously wrong!

Welcome to NWDC, M_bipartitus!!!!

- John :rawlings:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius