Tillamook Bay

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Robalo
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Tillamook Bay

Post by Robalo »

Hi All
New to this forum. Just retired and recertified....from 1967. Got the wife certified and she loves diving in water warmer than 75 degrees. So I'm up for some local diving, I have gear and a boat. There is spearfishing and clamming to be had
here, with the right tides. I've been to Hood canal, wife was not impressed with th accommodations. Anyways I fish, crab and clam....before it starts raining again.

Bill
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Re: Tillamook Bay

Post by FlyinV »

I would love to jump on some boats and go out on the norther Oregon Coast.

Tom Hemphill of the NW Diving history group was telling me last week at the Oregon Scuba Meeting around the lighthouse south of Seaside was some of the most amazing diving he had ever done. I hope to find someone with a boat to take a trip out that way this fall.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
rsc3000
Getting To Know Folks

Post by rsc3000 »

are you still diving north oregon? I live in Seattle but have family in Nehalem. I want to go down to visit for a week but I need my dive fix when I go.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

Welcome to the club! There is an Oregon contingent here on NWDC and it keeps growing. Your invite to spearfish sounds great but I shudder to think of what an out of state fishing license would cost me.
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

It's $16.75 for a out of state one day license.
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

It would be easier to find dive buddies if you'd post a picture of your boat! :smt064
Just kidding of course. There are several of us from Salem that dive that area fairly regular - stay in touch and maybe we can plan something. Welcome!
Cheers!

Ron
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

And welcome to the board rsc3000!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the board, Bill! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
diverman1
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by diverman1 »

I grew up in Garibaldi, where do you dive at around there? I live up by Stanwood, WA now but go down there a couple times a year and would love to dive the area I grew up in.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Hello Diverman1,
In Tillamook Bay my favorite site is "Three Graces". That's the three big rocks out in the bay just north/west of Garibaldi off Hwy 101. I've also dove the north jetty in by Barview Park and also out by the coast guard tower. I've also dove at "crab harbor" on the west side of the bay for clams on the way back in from the ocean or after a dive at one of the other sites. You can pick up 20 clams in about 10 minutes there.
There is also Cape Lookout about 40min. south of TIllamook Bay and also Three Arch Rocks about 20min. south along with a few pinnacles I haven't dove but would like to try sometime.
The hard part about diving the coast, as I'm sure you know from growing up out there, is hitting that window where tides and weather work out at the same time. When they come together and the vis is good it can be some great diving.