New to Diving

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ScottJordan
Just Settling In

New to Diving

Post by ScottJordan »

Hi Divers of the great Pacific Northwest,

I am a new diver, certified in May 2012. I was fortunate enough to get to be in Australia for a while and got certified while I was there. After my first pool dive, I knew I was going to end up wanting to dive once I got back here. I have not yet dove the cold waters up here. I live in Oregon about 20 miles west of Portland and will be looking to do some diving for fun on the weekends and was thinking about getting into spear fishing or crabbing and the sort. I am looking to meet some other divers because I only know a couple in this area and they don't go that often anymore. If anyone is looking to go on an adventure feel free to ask me.
selkie
Submariner

Re: New to Diving

Post by selkie »

Welcome to the Club Scott. There are quite a few Oregon divers on here.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club, Scott!
You should come up to the South end of Puget Sound, on a Thursday. I'll give you a couple of tours of one or two of our great shore dives up here.
Or possibly meet up at Hood Canal (Sund Rock)
You will need to buy or rent a 7 mil wet suit or eventually get a dry suit, if you plan on diving cold water a-lot.
Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Welcome,

I live in Portland and go up to the sound or out to the coast quite often, well not so much in the last couple months due to some required healing time but thats going to be over with soon. Let me know if you want to try out some cold water. Depending on your size I could probably set you up with some loaner gear.