Forum newbie

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
povo
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Forum newbie

Post by povo »

Hey everyone ~ So, just certified a few years ago. I think I'm the least experienced, advanced, (& nitrox but haven't used it yet) certified diver around. Never been in warm water but I do love my drysuit. My diving has been limited to Central Oregon (certified in Lake Billy Chinook during winter) and Hood Canal. Great local dive shop here in Bend but there seems to be limited local diving activity which leave me high and dry most of the time. I'd like to change that by encouraging more local diving in places like Clear Lake (yes, very cold), maybe Odell, along with our other mountain lakes like Cultus. But in the meantime, I'm looking to expand to other parts of Oregon and Washington (quick trips that can be done in a couple of days - maybe Florence, Edmonds, Portland area, etc.) My wife snorkels but doesn't dive. Bottom line is, I would like to get wet more often than I've been doing recently. That's my story.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Forum newbie

Post by Joshua Smith »

povo wrote:Hey everyone ~ So, just certified a few years ago. I think I'm the least experienced, advanced, (& nitrox but haven't used it yet) certified diver around. Never been in warm water but I do love my drysuit. My diving has been limited to Central Oregon (certified in Lake Billy Chinook during winter) and Hood Canal. Great local dive shop here in Bend but there seems to be limited local diving activity which leave me high and dry most of the time. I'd like to change that by encouraging more local diving in places like Clear Lake (yes, very cold), maybe Odell, along with our other mountain lakes like Cultus. But in the meantime, I'm looking to expand to other parts of Oregon and Washington (quick trips that can be done in a couple of days - maybe Florence, Edmonds, Portland area, etc.) My wife snorkels but doesn't dive. Bottom line is, I would like to get wet more often than I've been doing recently. That's my story.
Welcome to NWDC! Lotsa OR divers on here- Hood Canal should be on your list....I'd def put it in front of Edmonds. Anyway, you should have no problem finding buddies in the South end.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Hi, welcome to the board! If I am ever down in Bend, I will let you know, and hopefully we can go diving together. I just moved up to the Seattle area from Bend last January, and I am quite familiar with central Oregon since I spent the last 10 years of my life there. You are right about having a great LDS. COD is an awesome shop, and Walt is a very experienced diver, and a great guy. Its good to see other "Bendites" coming to the board. If you are ever headed up to go diving in the Puget Sound, let me know.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Mortuus wrote:Hi, welcome to the board! If I am ever down in Bend, I will let you know, and hopefully we can go diving together. I just moved up to the Seattle area from Bend last January, and I am quite familiar with central Oregon since I spent the last 10 years of my life there. You are right about having a great LDS. COD is an awesome shop, and Walt is a very experienced diver, and a great guy. Its good to see other "Bendites" coming to the board. If you are ever headed up to go diving in the Puget Sound, let me know.
.....trying.....so.....hard....not....to.....make.....joke.....about.....the Bends......
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Hi, welcome to the board! If I am ever down in Bend, I will let you know, and hopefully we can go diving together. I just moved up to the Seattle area from Bend last January, and I am quite familiar with central Oregon since I spent the last 10 years of my life there. You are right about having a great LDS. COD is an awesome shop, and Walt is a very experienced diver, and a great guy. Its good to see other "Bendites" coming to the board. If you are ever headed up to go diving in the Puget Sound, let me know.
.....trying.....so.....hard....not....to.....make.....joke.....about.....the Bends......
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Anytime you are going to be up this way (south sound) just post it in the dive planning section and I'm sure you'll get some takers. We have a very active bunch down here. If your willing to stretch a bit come on up to Port Townsend when I'm up there and I'll show you one of the best dive sites in the sound.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the Board! Come up and dive South Puget Sound with me soon! :smt064

Preferrably on a Thursday, ofcourse! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: