Welcome SquishyDuck

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Dive Club Captain
Keeping Divers Happy

Welcome SquishyDuck

Post by Dive Club Captain »

I'd like to offer a warm welcome to SquishyDuck, being our 300th NWDC member! :wav:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Wow! 300?! :wav: Congrats Calvin!

Welcome Squish!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

Thanks for the welcome. I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Drew. I moved to Vancouver, WA about a month ago from Phoenix, AZ. Looking forward to checking out some of the dive sites nearby (nearby is defined as anything closer than the 6hr drive I am accustomed to), as well as the chance to hopefully dive more often.

Not sure how I am going to adapt to the cold water here. I do have a dry suit, though I have only dove with it a few times and I had to pick up new undies when I got here... drysuit undergarmets, that is, not regular underwear. I have plenty of those, and most of them are in good shape. Not that you really need to know that state of my underwear, it's just that... uh...umm... maybe I should stop now. I fear I have already said too much.
Squishy Duck... no, Duck... that's Duck.. with a "u"
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

You'll fit in just fine. I moved here from Tucson - quite an adjustment from San Carlos!!! I still love going down there. From the sound of things, you're going to fit in here just fine. :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Ah yes... Mr Duck will fit in just fine! =D> Welcome!

I'm glad you clarified the wardrobe issues there... I was beginning to think I figured out just why you were a squishyduck... ](*,)

I beleive NWScubamom is in Vancouver? Come on up and dive, and again, welcome to the club!

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Welcome...

Post by girldiver »

Yeah...you'll definitely fit in well here. Welcome to the board...and to the Emerald Sea!!
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Tom Nic wrote:I beleive NWScubamom is in Vancouver?
Yep, you live near to perhaps the most knowledgeable person when it comes to local marine life, Janna Nichols, our resident expert! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

So Calvin, just who is this mysterious Dive Club Captain with no name? Hmmmm???? inquiring minds want to know! Especially if they are supposed to keep us happy!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Tom Nic wrote:So Calvin, just who is this mysterious Dive Club Captain with no name? Hmmmm???? inquiring minds want to know! Especially if they are supposed to keep us happy!
Dive Club Captain has no name. That is all you need to know about Dive Club Captain. Except that Dive Club Captain wears a pink drysuit and listens to Celine Dion. Also: Dive Club Captain is lactose intollerant.
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

Calvin wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:I beleive NWScubamom is in Vancouver?
Yep, you live near to perhaps the most knowledgeable person when it comes to local marine life, Janna Nichols, our resident expert! :supz:
Awesome! Someone that might have an answer when I ask, "So there was this thing that had this stuff coming off this one part... and these things on it. You know that thing, what was that?"
Nailer99 wrote:Also: Dive Club Captain is lactose intollerant.
I feel for Dive Club Captain. A life without cheese... I don't know if I could take it.
Squishy Duck... no, Duck... that's Duck.. with a "u"
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Tom Nic wrote:So Calvin, just who is this mysterious Dive Club Captain with no name? Hmmmm???? inquiring minds want to know! Especially if they are supposed to keep us happy!
Take another look, who wouldn't be happy being greeted by this fellow in the morning? :smt035
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome sqishy!
Congrats on being our 300th member!
:bounceline:
Last edited by BASSMAN on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! 300! Now that's a good number for a great dive party! Welcome to the club! :partyman:
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I don't know, there's something disconcerting about a man in a little blue captains uniform lurking around on our site, willy nilly introducing new divers and generally acting as a moderator. I have a feeling I know who this "Dive Captain" is, and when I'm sure, I'm going to expose him.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!