Hello

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Hello

Post by ArcticDiver »

My home is Interior Alaska.

I was certified Thanksgiving Weekend 1999 in the blowing snow of Valdez, AK while wearing a wetsuit. My first thought at the shore was: What in the devil am I doing here? This makes No Sense at all.

But after that and some trips I was hooked.

I envy you folks who only have to jump out your back door to get good diving. Most of my diving has to be Batch Diving on trips. But I do get a bit of local diving in the summer, which should be coming any week now.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Welcome to the crew! Anytime you make the haul to the Puget Sound, I'm sure you'll find plenty of great buddies to dive with! :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Holy mole.. And I though I had it bad, diving wet down here! Welcome to the club and have fun with the diving once the snow melts! Hope to see you down here in the Puget soon!

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

I was down there last December testing some new gear and getting a quick look at the area. Gear testing went well; at least since it caused me to spend more money it must have, eh?

Had a good time and met some nice people. I'll be back.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl". :wav: We do not talk about spending money on dive gear. You spend "Scuba Units" ie: 1 scuba unit =$100. It sounds so much better to say I spent 20 SU's instead of $2000. When you come down next time let us now. Maybe some of us can hook up for a dive.

Charles
Last edited by Aquanautchuck on Sun May 06, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Welcome to the friendliest dive club in the northwest ... :partyman:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

A warm welcome to you from the chilly waters of Puget Sound.

Sea ya!
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Now I believe it when Bob says: "The friendliest dive club..."

I like the "Scuba Units". That will come in handy. As a matter of fact I wonder if I can convert the check book to SUs? Sure would help in discussions with the SO.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I find it most helpful to convert Scuba Units to equivalent Spa Units, and let her spend whatever that amount will be. \:D/
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Re:

Post by Diver_Dave »

Next time u run south be sure to stop in Sitka to dive w/me.....Got a spot 10mins from the dock we could dive...Image
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....