New here (sort of)

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
dustin h
Just Settling In

New here (sort of)

Post by dustin h »

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new on here. Setup a profile a couple years ago I think, but I've only made a couple one-liner posts and I've been mostly a lurker so I've never really met most of you. I've been to two of the club dives and had a lot of fun.

I recently got my Padi Master Scuba Diver certification and have about 60 logged dives so I'm not a newb, but definitely not a pro either. I've only done a handful of dives in the last year. Not much since I had a really bad dive a year ago. I've had a bit of PTSD when it comes to diving after the incident, but I really enjoy diving it so I've been trying to get back into it, starting off a little more mellow and getting back to where I was.

Anyway, I hope to partake in more club dives to meet some new people and get more familiar with some new dive sites. I've done cove 2 and Edmonds an awful lot and only done a couple other sites once or twice.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New here (sort of)

Post by Norris »

Hey so what area are you in?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
dustin h
Just Settling In

Post by dustin h »

I live in Kirkland so I'm relatively central to a lot of dive sites. I see you live in Marysville so I imagine you probably dive Mukilteo quite a bit? I did the clay wall and T-docks once during a club dive. It was pretty fun. Thanks for reminding me that I didn't add my location to my profile.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

dustin, if you need to do some mellow dives and even get a bit of real or metaphorical hand-holding, let me know. I have my own PTSD issues relating to a fall a couple of years ago, so I empathize.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dustin h
Just Settling In

Post by dustin h »

LCF wrote:dustin, if you need to do some mellow dives and even get a bit of real or metaphorical hand-holding, let me know. I have my own PTSD issues relating to a fall a couple of years ago, so I empathize.
Thanks, LCF. I checked out your website and recognized you from a club dive at Redondo. I don't think we actually talked but I remember you chatting with some others. You were the physician, right? Anyway, I'd be up for some diving sometime soon. You live pretty close to me if you're in Woodinville. How often do you dive?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Hi Dustin,

I remember you from the 2012 Muk club dive! :)

I typically dive every Saturday at a huge variety of locations. If that fits your schedule let me know...you're welcome to join! I remember you as a good diver - would be happy to help slowly reintroduce you to the sport if you like! :)

Jeremy
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hi Dustin - I may have met you at the Club dive as well, though memory sometimes plays tricks. :rawlings:

If you can shake free during the week the Thursday crew is a great bunch to dive with, and somebody can be found to do just about any recreational profile you are up for.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

I do alot of South sound and hood canal diving if you want to explore some more, would be happy to meet up. if you're looking for experienced divers to get warmed back up with you're in the right place. I'm an active DM and more than happy to do simple recreational dives.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome! The best thing you can do now is dive a lot, and then dive some more! Take it slow but keep at it, and remember that caution is not a bad thing when it comes to diving. Welcome back to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
dustin h
Just Settling In

Post by dustin h »

Thanks everyone for the big support. I've been impressed with the overall attitudes of everyone here on the boards and the few that I've spoken with at the dives I have partaken in.

Jeremy, I do believe I remember you ; I know I'd recognize you if I saw you. That Mukilteo club dive was a relatively small group. Were you the one that brought the great chili? Sorry if I'm mixing you up with someone else. I may be able to do some diving next weekend so I might PM you and see if you're doing anything then.

Thanks for the invite as well, Clay. I haven't really done any south sound diving at all and I've always wanted to explore Hood Canal. I'll probably get a little more comfortable with diving before I hit you up as that's a bit of a drive for me but worth it I'm sure.

I don't know much about the Thursday night group. I know of MMM and the Wednesday bubbles and suds. What does the Thursday group typically do? I saw a recent one for Three Tree Point.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The Monday group does Mukilteo. There's an every-other-week Tuesday dive at Cove 2 with the Moss Bay folks. Wednesday is Edmonds Bubbles & Suds or the Cove 2 dive with the GUE-Seattle folks. Thursday is a group of folks in the south end. There is no lack of diving!

I go at least once a week and sometimes more. I have a lot of weekday time available, but seem to work an awful lot of weekends.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

There's also a Thursday night Shop dive @ Mukilteo with Evergreen Dive in S. Everett... Meet @ Shop 5-6pm Free fills Splash around 6:30ish Good Group and very welcoming to interested divers of all levels... After all, the goal is to keep people interested in diving...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo