Intro...

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Intro...

Post by stphnmartin »

Howdy,

I've been a lurker for a long, long while, and am finally complying with the intro request!

I earned my certification 10 years ago and dive regularly in the sound. I'm fortunate to have a co-worker (I talked into learning to dive) who owns a boat. I also talked him into kayak diving, which, in turn, convinced him to buy a real boat!

Blakely rock is one of my favorite dive sites and much easier to get to on a real boat versus a kayak! I shoot video from time to time.

I'm traveling to Portugal in the Fall and am going to try and do some diving out of Sesimbra. If anyone has dived there, please give me some pointers and best sites to hit.

Well, I guess that's enough for starters. See you out there!

Stephen

Stephen
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
RoxnDox
Submariner

Re: Intro...

Post by RoxnDox »

Welcome! So, are you up north or down south?
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

RoxnDox wrote:Welcome! So, are you up north or down south?
Welcome out of lurking status!

Portugal!! How cool is that?! I don't even know anyone who has been to Portugal, let alone dived there, but if they are around you will find them here!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Kayak diving? How cool is that! Didn't know people did it, but why not... Guess what I'm youtubing after I post. Awesome.

Welcome to the board... I'm new to it too, and to diving in general, but it's been great meeting a few new people and they've all been great. Hope your experience is as positive as mine has been so far!

olalladiver
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Thanks for the friendly welcome. I'm in Seattle and dive mainly central and south puget sound. Every now and then I get out to the Strait. Kayak diving is a lot of fun, but a bit work intensive. It adds an adventure to the adventure of diving.

Looks like there's a chance to encounter cuttle fish in Portugal. That would be an awesome experience!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Cuttlefish???
How cool is that? :)
K
"Let's go diving!"
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

might be a good idea to post on scuba board. They have a pretty good international following and you might have a better chance of finding someone who has dived there since it is not exactly a popular dive destination kinda place.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Glad to have you joining us with an introduction. Welcome to the group, see you in the water!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**